NCR: I became a statistic....

AndreZA

Well it is official. After 37 years of never been on the receiving end of crime, I'm now on the list.

I got home yesterday afternoon to a back door that were pried open. I looked around and saw nothing missing in the lounge. The TV, Hi-fi, decoder, CDs and DVDs all still in it's place. I went upstairs and that is where they got what they were looking for. They've got my PC and monitor, External HDD, X-box (left the games), camera and lenses, 2x iPods and docking station. They even took our expensive perfumes. For some odd reason they did not take jewelery. They went through my GF's jewelery box but left it behind. They also left behind the clock radio and another 2 radios. They had all the time in the world because they did take all the cables and cords for each device.

I ran to the guard to find out what the hell happened and I was told we were the 3rd unit for the day. So now I'm asking you, how can the rob 3 units in a secure complex with 10' walls with 2 sets of electric fencing all around and a guard at the gate.

The police arrived about an hour later and 2 hours later I was smsed the case number. They did not bother with fingerprints.

Luckily they did not take my bikes. The only thing I am really sad about is the external HDD. There was so much stuff on it that I will not be able to get back. Even the photos from the past weekend is gone.

This also showed me why I never have money. Except for 1 iPod and some perfume, all the rest is my stuff. I really need to stop spending.Mampara2009-10-22 00:02:42

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Parra that is SwakAngry I trust that you were insured. Still does not replace all the sentimental value of some of the stuff.

Sorry to hear, so many units in one day....security had a finger in the pie I believe. Not much chance to get back your lost stuff. I hope they conect the stuff wrong and it will blow up in their face.

happened to me 2 weeks ago, 2am they cut the burglar guards, ran inside, stole my laptop, alarm went off but they were gone, thats all they took. did 3 other houses in the area same night. 2 weeks later police came for fingerprints,

Insurance is in order and I'm the one paying for it so I do not feel guilty that it is mostly my stuff that needs to be replaced.

And seeing that they took all my camera equipment, I'm pondering if I should stick with Canon or change to Nikon. Okay, let the discussion begin.

Bad news Mampara.

Take the guard into a small room with a bar of soap in a sock.

You might find your stuff again.

Shoot Parra! Sorry to hear. I hope your insurance pays up early and oftenWink. Sad state of affairs to say it, but thank goodness you or the GF were not home at the time.

Insurance is in order and I'm the one paying for it so I do not feel guilty that it is mostly my stuff that needs to be replaced.

And seeing that they took all my camera equipment' date=' I'm pondering if I should stick with Canon or change to Nikon. Okay, let the discussion begin.[/quote']

Jammer om te hoor ...... kry vir jou 'n Boerboel..... hulle is vriendelik en byt nie dood nie...... hulle lek die blixem dood en drool dan op hom!!!!!!!!

Die Canon / Nikon gesprek gaan interressant wees. EM soek 'n fensie verkyker...... so ek gaan krediet he in my spandeer rekening!!!!!!!!

NOOOOOO. Stay with Canon.

Just because they weren't at the photo expo earlier this year doesn't mean they're bad.

Sorry to hear about the breakin. Have a friend who has been robbed 4 times this year. They even moved to a more secure place but didn't help

Parra, Canon is the Raleigh of the photographic world. It works, but there is better/nicer/much better.

Send flames.