Cadence Nutrition

In this months Bicycling, the editor wrote a small aside (he raved about it) about some stuff called Cadence Nutrition. Tried the webpage, but was under construction.

Anyone know anything about it?

Yes, basically it consists of two categories of supplements or products. One to reduce cadence and one to increase cadence according to one's specific needs. I will try and summarise the products briefly below;

1) Cadence Reduction (bar & shake products) - these products have an extremely high sugar and fat content and are not dissimilair to Nestle chocolate in taste & nutritional content (although five times the price due to cycling specific marketing & packaging). The supplement (products) should be consumed in 500g quantities at least 20 minutes before and after excercise and at least twice during the day without exercise. For maximum benefit it is preferable to refrain from any exercise for a three month period. The manufacturer guarentees that the continued use of this product for three to six months will produce a significant and remarkeable reduction in cadence even on flat courses. Excellent value for money product as each three month course is supplied with a coupon for one free trial evaluation session at Weight Watchers to be redeemed only after course completion.

It is strongly advised that a medical check up is conducted before starting this course. It is even more adviseable that an intensive medical examination is conducted after completion!

I can also provide a summarised review for the cadence increase supplement should anyone be interested.   

Am I going mad or is some one trying to sell milkshakes to reduce or increase cadence Ermm

would you like my review & summary on the increase cadence supplement ??Wink Big%20smile

I didn't post the 1st question just thought if we are gullible enough to believe the advert maybe we will believe the review....Big%20smile
racman2007-05-16 09:10:24

OK, here is the review on the Cadence INCREASE supplements.

2) technical specs have not been forthcoming from the manufacturer despite numerous requests. (Rumors suggest that these specs will only be released AFTER the Landis & Puerto investigations are completed.)

The Cadence Increase course consists of a Shake and tablets. Although the tablet is pink in color and looks remarkably similar to a commonly used recreational drug, the manufacturer has again assured users that the product is legal but refuses to supply technical specifications. The shake is quite tasteless with a slight "Red Bull" flavour. A noticeable but unusual increase in both energy and euphoria is experienced after taking the supplements. Strict adherence to the recommended dosage is said to increase energy and cadence, particularly when cycling downhill using  39/25 gearing. The recommended dosage is identical to the Cadence  Decrease supplements listed above. Each supplement pack again provides excellent value for money with discount coupons for the purchase of Adcock Ingram's new "Fade Away" product - a medicinal cream (normal only available on prescription) that is specifically intended for the treatment of extreme acne! An additional voucher is supplied entitling all users of the supplement, a 50% discount on the purchase of Dr.Hylee Strung's book entitled "Coping with aggressive behavior - my battle with steriods".

As a whole, I found the suplements highly effective in:

a) increasing energy levels (erratic twitching of numerous muscle groups was however experienced during the course) &

b) Increasing cadence (particularly with the downhill reccommended gear settings)

As an added benefit, I found that most of the friends and familly that used to irritate me to no end, no longer visit.

I sure that my erratic muscle twitch, extreme acne and aggressive behaviour will improve in the days to come as well.Big%20smile

Cadence Nutrition is a new range of products developed specifically for cycling. Not for general endurance sport use, cycling only! The Cadence range has been in development for the past few years and no product will be introduced to the market unless it is better than any other product out there.

Currently the range offers Performance Products, Supplement Products and Immune Boosting Products all formulated specifically to meet the requirements of serious cyclists. All of the products in the range contain NO illegal performance-enhancing ingredients.

The products have many benefits for cyclists, as you?ll see once the website is activated, but here is a (very) brief overview:

PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS
Prologue ? Pre-race booster drink
Revolution Loaded ? On-the-bike drink and Carbo Loading formula
Revive ? Post race recovery drink
Espresso Caps ? Caffeine supplement

SUPPLEMENT PRODUCTS
Testosterone Support 1:1 ? Supplies the body with the essential nutrients which help to maintain and boost the body?s natural ?free? Testosterone levels.
Wattage Booster ? Lean muscle builder, antioxidant, natural anti-inflammatory, Red Blood Cell and Strength Formulation

IMMUNE BOOSTING PRODUCTS
Glutamine ? Immune system booster, speeds up recovery
Omega 3 ? Immune system booster, improves circulation, can improve cardiovascular and VO2 Max, assists in fat burning, can prevent E.I.A. plus more?..
Calcium Magnesium ? helps maintain bone density, assists reduction in cramping, reduces the body?s acidic levels which will help recovery.

More products, such as a VO2 Max support, Prologue Capsules, Growth Hormone Support will be added, but only once we are content that our product will be superior to what?s currently available.

An advertising and marketing campaign will begin once we are ready to present the range nationwide (which is quite soon). Cadence Nutrition will only be available in bike shops. Currently, some <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Western Cape, Plettenberg Bay, and P.E. shops stock Cadence as well as some in Joburg. Expect most shops to stock it by the end of the year. If your shop doesn?t stock it yet, ask them to.

Some high profile cyclists/knowledgeable figures that have been converted to Cadence include:
Willie Engelbecht<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Lourens Calitz
Shan Wilson
Kevin Evans
Mannie Heymans
Carla Rowley
Joanne McLeod
Sean Badenhorst
Tim Brink
Neil Gardiner
Phil Ligget

Raynard Tissink

David Hyam

For more information contact Sean Sakinofsky on info@cadencenutriton.com

Sean Sakinofsky, Director Cadence Nutrition

Please note that the names mentioned in the Cadence Nutrition Review are using or have used Cadence Nutriton products. If they are not currently using Cadence Nutrition products means that they have a supplement sponsor.

Cadence Nutrition is a new range of products developed specifically for cycling. Not for general endurance sport use' date=' cycling only! The Cadence range has been in development for the past few years and no product will be introduced to the market unless it is better than any other product out there.

Currently the range offers Performance Products, Supplement Products and Immune Boosting Products all formulated specifically to meet the requirements of serious cyclists. All of the products in the range contain NO illegal performance-enhancing ingredients.

The products have many benefits for cyclists, as you?ll see once the website is activated, but here is a (very) brief overview:

PERFORMANCE PRODUCTS
Prologue ? Pre-race booster drink
Revolution Loaded ? On-the-bike drink and Carbo Loading formula
Revive ? Post race recovery drink
Espresso Caps ? Caffeine supplement

SUPPLEMENT PRODUCTS
Testosterone Support 1:1 ? Supplies the body with the essential nutrients which help to maintain and boost the body?s natural ?free? Testosterone levels.
Wattage Booster ? Lean muscle builder, antioxidant, natural anti-inflammatory, Red Blood Cell and Strength Formulation

IMMUNE BOOSTING PRODUCTS
Glutamine ? Immune system booster, speeds up recovery
Omega 3 ? Immune system booster, improves circulation, can improve cardiovascular and VO2 Max, assists in fat burning, can prevent E.I.A. plus more?..
Calcium Magnesium ? helps maintain bone density, assists reduction in cramping, reduces the body?s acidic levels which will help recovery.

More products, such as a VO2 Max support, Prologue Capsules, Growth Hormone Support will be added, but only once we are content that our product will be superior to what?s currently available.

An advertising and marketing campaign will begin once we are ready to present the range nationwide (which is quite soon). Cadence Nutrition will only be available in bike shops. Currently, some <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Western Cape, Plettenberg Bay, and P.E. shops stock Cadence as well as some in Joburg. Expect most shops to stock it by the end of the year. If your shop doesn?t stock it yet, ask them to.

Some high profile cyclists/knowledgeable figures that have been converted to Cadence include:
Willie Engelbecht<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Lourens Calitz
Shan Wilson
Kevin Evans
Mannie Heymans
Carla Rowley
Joanne McLeod
Sean Badenhorst
Tim Brink
Neil Gardiner
Phil Ligget

Raynard Tissink

David Hyam

For more information contact Sean Sakinofsky on info@cadencenutriton.com

Sean Sakinofsky, Director Cadence Nutrition

[/quote']

Thanks for the info Revolution - is Sean the same guy who was on the cover of Bicycling a few months back?
wonduhboy2007-05-21 10:13:19

I believe that is correct... Sean did feature on the cover of Bicycling Magazine a few months ago. Glad I could help to clarify a few points about Cadence Nutrition.