Superb polar sevice

steve

In an age where bad news or news of bad service travels way faster than news of the good, I'd just like to compliment Polar on the service I had from them.

My CS200 started giving dodgy readings, I mentioned I had a HRM made for chess players when I dropped it off at my LBS, and the Polar rep, I think it was Ziggy, collected it and it was returned to me all nice and clean in a ziplock plastic bag with a job card explaining what was tested, what was done to it, and best of all, they even supplied zip ties for putting everything back on the bike again. 

steve2007-05-16 16:01:13

I must agree on this.  I took my HRM to Polar about a week ago for a battery replacement.  I received Outstanding Service from them. They really strive for Service Excellence.  Tx a mill Polar!!!<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

If you get a blackburn Delphi you will not need to send it for repairs and it costs half what an equivalent polar costs, wow even more to spend on my bike

LOL
sammajoor2007-05-17 00:01:38

sammajoor, yes, the Delphi is great but doesn't have half of the Polars functions.

As for Polars service, I've found it to be great as well!  Friendly, fast and efficient!

Ja Polar se diens is van die bestes.. Ek het n ou M21 gehaad wat nou onlangs problem begin gee het.. ek het gedink die battery moes net vervang word. hulle het hom getoets en gese daar was n fout op hom en vir my n nuwe een gegee..   smiley20.gif

What about a SUUNTO any remarks anyone well not all at the same time please sammajoor2007-05-17 00:52:22

Have to chime in here. Awaiting delivery via Speed Services today of my new strap and my brother's S720i.

My boet's HRM is now 4yrs old. The steel faceplate fell of a couple weeks ago and they gave him a new casing, no questions asked. That's pretty cool I think!

Well done Polar!!!Clap

I, too, have received nothing but fantastic service!!

It is no good having agreat product and don't have the back-up service to match it like most vehicle manufacturers/distributors.

Once again, well done!!!

Got to agree with all the comments - have the S720 - needed a new battery and a new stop/start button. Sent it to Polar via Speed Services and had the HRM back within 3 days

Speaking of Polars service, i have a quick question?

My speed sensor died in the last 10km of stage 3 of the Panorama tour, a few weeks back, and i need to get it working again. i seem to remember that you can change the battery yourself (i think i saw that in the users manual once, before i lost it!) but i have no idea how to?

So how hard is it to change, and what tools are required, or would it just be best to send it off to IHF and get them to sort it for me?

Hi Zaskar

Polar service is the best.

Not sure on a sensor but you shouldn't change the battery on a HRM yourself as it affects the waterproof seal taking the back off and, strictly speaking, their warranty becomes void.

However, despite me doing just this and getting a condensation problem as a result, Polar still fixed the latter problem, and gave me some new insides as well - knowing the back had come off.

If your LBS is a Polar dealer they'll run packages back and forth every week and you can use this.

I drove to Polar and then got them to send the HRM back to Tony Impey where I picked it up.

Thyolo2007-05-17 01:59:33

Guest Big H

Zaskar, do NOT try to replace speed or cadence sensor batteries yourself. POLAR does a vaccuum test on them to ensure they are waterproof. I lost two PC boards due to moisture ingression that way.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have the polar service number in Midrand? The last one I have is 011-805-1028, but a rather funny sounding voice says "we are not available" Is this still the right number?

Guest Big H

Well, just after placing my warning above to Zaskar, one of my speed sensors died on me. I replaced the battery myself but just to safeguard I wrapped a thin piece of insulation tape over the joint and put some pritt poster putty in the screw holes. this should keep any moisture out.