SRAM X9 mismatch!

NotSoBigBen

A while ago I had the unfortunate luck of breaking the plastic shifter section of a relatively new X9 left shifter.

No problem SRAM through my LBS (kudos to my LBS and the SRAM agents!) replace it but .......................

20070517_024514_X9_06_trig.jpg

they replace this with .....

20070517_024602_X9_07_Trig.jpg

.......... this more X0'esque, lighter better (no gear indicator window but no problem!) latest model !

SO I guess the question is now for 'style man/woman' types , do I take it and have the new left and old right?

Should I want I could get it replaced with a new 'old' style (there is one waiting at the shop!) or ........................... if I want I could buy the latest 'other half' at a discounted price to have the latest set (do I get the feeling they have seen me coming again?)!

Decisions decisions, oh what to do! My head is saying make those sods give me the old style as I had, but my heart is saying get that fancy new other half!

Please help!

Yip they have offered the other half seperately at a discounted price so that's not the problem, the question is 3 fold:-

1) Is it Ok to have the 2 different on 1 bike? Style not function!

2) Do I make them give me the same one I had? Principle!

3) I just wanna have the latest set on my bike!

1. No its not

2. No....Maybe they dont have stock of the old ones..and they upgraded you..sot off.

3. So whats the problem? Just buy the other one!! LOL

one time I had a magura hydraulic lever and a sachs twist shifter on the right side of my h/bar and on the left was a v-brake lever and shimano rapid fisre shifter........

don't worry about it. replace the old one when it breaks.

Agreed, replace when it breaks. The thing is under the bar anyway and almost out of sight.

With such an overwhelming response to get the other new one I have finally cracked and ordered it (thanks Mud Dee!).

Hahahaha! I was about to throw my weight behind the new option as well. Glad you saw through the naysayers and spent that money, chuckle!

Ahh - you sound like a roadie Minty - I expected better from you. If this was a question involving a road bike, I would have to agree, but since it is a mountain bike, style counts for nothing.

I say - buy the other one at the discounted price (not everyday an offer like that comes around), but only put it on if and when the old one breaks ( or you feel it is about to break...)

I say - buy the other one at the discounted price (not everyday an offer like that comes around)' date=' but only put it on if and when the old one breaks ( or you feel it is about to break...)
[/quote']

I'll rather put both new ones on and keep the other one for back up for when and if.

Guest Big H

Opinions, opinions, opinions......... that is why some ride Shimano, some kempekkernoglia and some SRam...... NOT because one is better than the other...... capice!!!!!!!!

So decided I am buying the new one at the discounted price and fitting it for the bling factor (and it hopefully shifts better and I go faster!) saving the old one for emergency spares!

Opinions' date=' opinions, opinions......... that is why some ride Shimano, some kempekkernoglia and some SRam...... NOT because one is better than the other...... capice!!!!!!!![/quote']

Yes, correct.....even though everyone knows SRAM is the best, some people still prefer shi(t)mano