Bike upgrade

fandacious

This is to all the serious riders out there.

I'm riding a 2006 raleigh RC6000 with 105 gruppo. I've got a MTB cassette and XT Derailler (dont ask) and Easton Vista (NOT SL's) wheelset.

What do I upgrade? Change the cassette and derailler to ultegra? Get a lighter frame? New wheels?

I'm going to put compact Q-Rings on sometime soon, but I need some advice on what would be the best thing to upgrade. Without throwing the chequebook at it....

Get the Ultegra der and Cassette. Please...

The wheels are exactly the same as  the sl's.

This is to all the serious riders out there.

I'm riding a 2006 raleigh RC6000 with 105 gruppo. I've got a MTB cassette and XT Derailler (dont ask) and Easton Vista (NOT SL's) wheelset.

What do I upgrade? Change the cassette and derailler to ultegra? Get a lighter frame? New wheels?

I'm going to put compact Q-Rings on sometime soon' date=' but I need some advice on what would be the best thing to upgrade. Without throwing the chequebook at it....
[/quote']

Why do you have a mtb cassette and derailler? LOL

Sorry couldn't resist

what cog range should i get?

I weigh just under 70kg, so I climb like a rocket. Struggle a bit on the downhills...

Dude i bought the bike from was a sissy - couldnt handle hills

Dude i bought the bike from was a sissy - couldnt handle hills

Okay,okay!!

11-23.

But why o why do you have a MTB cassette on your road bike?

I assumed 11-23, but what exact range? 11,12,13,14,16,17,18,20,23 ?

Also, can I put a 10spd at the back with changing my shifters?
fandacious2007-05-17 03:51:54

If you have 9sp shifters you will have to get the ten speed. Otherwise the ultegra 9sp (if you can find) will have to do.

Just get rid of the mtb stuff..I beg you.

Thought my 2 different SRAM shifters on an MTB was a problem but man that MTB stuff on a road bike, surely that is a serious faux pa!!!!!!

Thought my 2 different SRAM shifters on an MTB was a problem but man that MTB stuff on a road bike' date=' surely that is a serious faux pa!!!!!![/quote']

I'm sure he bought the bike like that. No need to call his dad names.

as jou shifters 9 spoed gaan jy dit ook moet vervang of jy kan iewers 'n 9 spoed cluster iewers probeer kry. Ek dink my pa het dalk nog 'n dura ace 9 spoed iewers in 'n kas. Sal by hom hoor. 

Please replace the Raleigh frame with anything else. Even a Silverback will be better. Lots of deals going on the Notice board. The MTB stuff i think you got the message. If shifters are 9 speed the 10sp cluster will not work. I suggest upgrade to 10sp if you can afford it, because 9speed spares is getting very scares lately.

With all you need to change on your bike sell it and get a new one. Upgrades or changes tend to snowball $$$