DANGEROUS CLUB RIDES

bmw driver

Have once again seen the most dangerous CLUB on their training ride this weekend.

Have seen the following of them in the past few weeks.

One rider knocked over on Sa route.

One rider knocked over on Molotto rode by a bus.

One rider knocked over on the old Warmbaths road

One rider knocked over near Hartbeespoort.

Saw them riding on the Rosslyn road up to five abreast and our group had to pass them over the centre line.

Saw them again riding with a team Captain G in front and four abreast with a back up vehicle obstructing the traffic.

Saw some news paper reports on these incidents.

Heard they have ride policies and rules and indemnities to sign etc.

Yet they still ride with a death wish.

You are representing a major corporate organisation. You are giving cycling in Pretoria a bad name. You piss motorists off with your high and mighty style of training rides.

And nobody is jealous of you. We are scared of you and the damage you cause to cycling by the silly training rides you have.

Please stop these irresponsible rides.
bmw driver2007-05-21 00:32:59

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BWM Rider

(And nobody is jealous of you. We are scared of you and the damage you cause to cycling by the silly training rides you have.)

Based on the sentence in brackets it is obvious that you hav a personal problem against our group and club in particular

Your acquisations is absolutely absurd to say the least

We invite you friendly to contact me, the club captian, or our chair person.

My name name is Jacques Rossouw, club captain.  Tel: 011-350 8690, Cell: 084-887 5536, email: jacques.rossouw@absa.co.za

Our chairperson is Peter Zeelie.  Tel: 012-311 4306, Cell: 082-825 0250

Our Vice chairperson is Gerrit Nel.  Cell: 082-779 6373

Please feel free to contact any or all of us so that we can discuss this matter openly and resolve any uncertainties

Our aim as a club is to promote safe and enjoyable training ride for all cyclists in the Pretoria area

Het gister 'n groep op die N4 gekry kompleet met voertuig. Ryers ry in die geel streep en meeste van die eerste baan .

Khumba resources en Select was nogal goed verteenwoordig in die groep.

Backlash why would I want to discuss with you. See as contructive criticism and stop endangering cyclists.

Bmw driver

You are clearly trying to dis-encourage other persons to join us, but you are too scared to mention your name

Can we take it then that your acquisations is nothing but lies?

Lies??

Am I lying about four of your riders being knocked over.

You do have backup vehicle and you do ride all over the road.

You even instituted ride rules and an indemnity form. But I am lying about that too.

BTW I am a very sorry member of your club.

I am Tersia Nel and participated in the ride yesterday and I was also the person involved in the SA Route crash which you have referred to  - knocked over by a drunken driver. This is my personal views for record purposes:  I really welcome the interest you show in our group and my husband for that matter.  I am at this stage, however, unsure of your motives. You provide info e.g. on yesterday's ride which is absolutely false.  None of our past accidents / incidents was also due to our cyclists' own negligence.   We are friends who join in training rides although a club does provide road captains, a paid backup driver, emergency light, first aid kit, toolkit with spares, a namelist with emergency numbers, medical info, blood groups of all participants etc. Yes we do have a policy document + indemnities. We really try our utmost to have people still cycle.  We love cycling, we love our family and all our friends.  We all try to promote cycling as a whole in Pretoria, the province, in SA.  We welcome all beginners to our rides.  We take time with them, teach them the basic skills and bunch riding skills. I urge you to contact us direct to join hands with us.  We will really appreciate positive inputs.

Hierdie topic is sommer belaglik.  Ek het 'n wyle gelede ook saam met hierdie groep op training rides gegaan.  Alhoewel ek nie 'n lid van hierdie klub is nie, het hulle my nogsteeds laat welkom voel en nie soos 'n indringer nie.  Ek het egter besluit om nie saam met hulle te ry nie aangesien die groep te groot geraak het en ek verkies om in 'n groep te ry van nie meer as 10 ryers nie.  Dit is maar net persoonlike smaak.  Dit is altyd moeilik om so 'n groot groep ryers te beheer en ek dink om die klub aan te val oor 'n paar lede wat droogmaak, is nie eintlik regverdig nie.  Ek weet nie van 'n ander klub in Pta wat so baie doen vir hulle lede nie en nee, ek behoort nie aan hierdie klub nie, (nog nie!).

The lies I'm talking about, is the fact that you say that we were riding four abreast and that you had to pass on the white line.  I can't recall any such incident

If you are a member you should know that we have an open forum in our group/club for you or any other person to discuss matters that bother you.  That is why i gave our contact numbers

Please! I invite you friendly to contact us, because what is happening now with this discussion, is clearly not good for cycling

There is a positive side to this - at least we are getting new members to the Hub!Big%20smile

Blou Bul

Jy is welkom om weer saam te ry, aangesien ons nou tot drie groepe het wat ry om die groepe kleiner te maak en ook te "cater" vir virskillende fiksheids vlakke

Ek weet nie van 'n ander klub in Pta wat so baie doen vir hulle lede nie en nee' date=' ek behoort nie aan hierdie klub nie, (nog nie!).[/quote'] team Computer-Smith!!!! EN!!!! ons ry veilig!!!!!

I saw a group of guys at about 10h00 in TCS kit just crossing Pierneef and Frates streets this morning. I hooted..... well behaved bunch..... no swearing cusssing cold stares or errattic behaviour. Bossman Crux you can be assured they behave!!!!!!!!
Wink

O Ja... Ehmmmm.... Nee, jy's ook nie een van ons klub lede nie...

Ek laaik jou game though!!!!LOLLOL dis nogals funny!!!

Allow me my thoughts on BMW Driverand his rantings

Firstly you stated that we had four accidents the past few months alas that is true but what you did not state is the way these accidents happened

The SA route -- happened when Tersia was HIT FROM BEHIND by a drunk driver the case is running its route driver arrested and in the process of being prosecuted.

Secondly the cyclist knocked down on the Old Warmbaths road  AGAIN a driver overtaking on the LEFT hand side of the road two wheels on the gravel, hit Peter from behind-- driver in process of being prosecuted.

Thirdly rider hit from behind on the Moloto Road-- driver again overtook on the left hand side of the road ( in the yellow line ) - drivers employee paid for all expenses( insurance)

fORTHLY RIDER KNOCKED DOWN IN Hartebeespoort- again a drunk driver the Cyclist DID NOT LAY CRIMINAL CHARGES as that would have left the driver with a criminal record  a very honourable thing to do

As you can see none of the accidents were caused by Telkom members as you try to insinuate but rarther motorists who have NO RESPECT for any other road users than themselves

Yes we ride with a back up vehicle, yes we drive two or three abreast, where the road allows it.  yes we have non club members sign indemnity forms, we do this to cover ourselves in event of an accident

If you follow the rant & rave of mr Ingpen that is now sueing a rider because he fell in a race you will understand why we do this

It is also tha age old adage of "THE HIGHEST TREE CATCHES THE MOST WIND"

we look forward to having you accompany us on a group ride so that you can see we are honourable in our cycling and only want the best for our club and our cycling which we all love dearly

Have a GREAT day

sammajoor2007-05-21 05:41:09

Blou Bul

Jy is welkom om weer saam te ry' date=' aangesien ons nou tot drie groepe het wat ry om die groepe kleiner te maak en ook te "cater" vir virskillende fiksheids vlakke

[/quote']

Thankx, I'll take you up on that offer on the next club ride.

Ek wil ook net opkom vir die telkom club. Ek ry ook gereeld saam met die groep en ek voel baie veilig want ek weet daar is altyd n backup voertuig en die klub kapteine sorg goed vir die mense wat agter ry (niemand bly agter nie)

En ja die vier omgelukke wat die klub die laaste tyd gehad het was almal die motoris se skuld. En as ek reg onthou het ons nie in n bondel van 4 tot 5 mense wyd gery toe die ongelukke gebeur het nie. Dit was elke keer as ons agtermekaar in n ry gery het wat die mense raak gery was.

En die feit dat daar n voertuig agter ons is, is om ons te beskerm, sover ek weet is daar geen pad wet wat se ons mag nie n voertuig agter ons laat ry om ons te beskerm nie.

So Ek dink daar is mense wat eers hulle feite moet gaan agtermekaar kry voor hulle aantuigings maak en die kulb probeer sleg se.