Weekly beginners MTB rides?

Ok, so now that I have the bike, I need to get riding!!

I know vanmartin has a group in Centurion, I'd like to know what else there is. Anybody organize weekend rides? I'm pretty unfit, so obviously looking for a fellow beer-gut growing, sitting behind pc all day type of group.

Joburg north preferred, as I live in Bryanston.

Northfarm . Somebody will join you .

What is the accepted etiquet when joining a group of mountain bikers? Riding at Northern Fam on sunday I saw a number of groups of young lady riders who I was very eager to join with, but didnt know how to go about it. Any help will be appreciated!

Hog, you can climb onto the Braamfontein Spruit from Bryanston quite easily.

The bridge in Ballyclare runs over the Spruit or you could climb onto it next to the Scout Hall in The River Rd.

From there you can ride all the way up to the botanical gardens or go down to Witkoppen in Paulshof.

There a few methods to get their attention . Jump over the speed bump and do a spectacular dismount . Don't jump up and jump on your bike , but do the Percy Montgomery thing and fake a serious injury . They WILL stop . They always do .

Or tell the group that somefing on a bike looks dodgy and offer to sort it out . bonus points if u actaully manage to fix something .

Don't - Wheel suck

Tell her there is a hole in her Lycra

or offer water out of your green Camel pack .

What is the accepted etiquet when joining a group of mountain bikers? Riding at Northern Fam on sunday I saw a number of groups of young lady riders who I was very eager to join with' date=' but didnt know how to go about it. Any help will be appreciated!
[/quote']

hehehe,

Do you really need lessons on how to meet women ???

Big%20smile

What is the accepted etiquet when joining a group of mountain bikers? Riding at Northern Fam on sunday I saw a number of groups of young lady riders who I was very eager to join with' date=' but didnt know how to go about it. Any help will be appreciated!
[/quote']

hehehe,

Do you really need lessons on how to meet women ???

Big%20smile

What are women?...

Hog' date=' you can climb onto the Braamfontein Spruit from Bryanston quite easily.

The bridge in Ballyclare runs over the Spruit or you could climb onto it next to the Scout Hall in The River Rd.

From there you can ride all the way up to the botanical gardens or go down to Witkoppen in Paulshof.

[/quote']

Sounds like fun, although I'm looking for a group to ride with. Not really sure it's the best idea to ride alone.

Sounds like fun' date=' although I'm looking for a group to ride with. Not really sure it's the best idea to ride alone.

[/quote']

I've ridden on numerous occasions by myself and have never had any problems and the Spruit is full of riders over the weekends.

Sounds like fun' date=' although I'm looking for a group to ride with. Not really sure it's the best idea to ride alone.

[/quote']

I've ridden on numerous occasions by myself and have never had any problems and the Spruit is full of riders over the weekends.

Guess I'll have to give it a go sometime!

Hog, I'm doing a big event first weekend in June, but after that I'd be more than happy to take you for a spin on the Spruit. Let's chat then