Tour de Vino MTB Franschoek

Crank

Hey, anybody up for tomorrow's Tour de Vino MTB Franschoek?! I understand that they're expecting stormy wheather!

wow that was a tough one. Wind wind and more wind - PPA groups were so little that M got to ride with A, A-M and N-Z were the only 2 groups. Was alot of fun though.

ja the wind was a bit irritating!! i was in group B, and we actually passed the starting point again about 10km's into the race, was that suppose to happen?

Nee, dit moes glad nie gebeur het nie. Die marshals het vir ons verkeerd gewys. Hulle het gedink dit is die kort roete ouens wat daar verby kom.

So toe ry ons 53km i.p.v. 45km.

Ā 

Een positiewe ding uit hierdie hele fout is dat die organiseerders darem die nuwe 53km roete ook erken het en pryse gegee het vir die eerste 3 ryers. Ek was heel verbaas toe my naam uitgeroep word by die prysuitdeling. Wen toe nogalĀ R500 kontant, twee bottels wyn en 'n reuse bottel Champagne.

Ā 

So die ekstra paar kilometers was toe nogal die moeite werd gewees.

hahahahahahahahah, ag cool!! my dag was toe nou nie so lekker nie, net nie umf gehad nie en ook blerrie hectic krampe vir die laaste +-30km!! was maat net n af dag vir my....

damn...oakpics take good shots but they take fooooooorrrrreeeeeeveeeeeer to get them on the site. the slanghoek ride took almost two weeks!!!

Tour de Vino 45km was my first ever cycle ride (cannot call it a race as it took me 3 hours 3 min) and I'm hooked. Did 3 Majik forest rides (15km round trip from my house in Welgemoed) this year, all in the 3 weeks pre TdV asĀ my training (15 * 3 = 45) and suffered like hell after 18km when the cramps in the calves struck..... By the time I reachedĀ the 'king of the mountains' I was praying that the calves don't lock up completely until I at least reached the top but things went my way and they held out untilĀ the end.Ā 

One thing thatĀ hit home was the lack ofĀ spirit amongst the cyclists, is it always like that or was it just because the conditions were miserable for some?Ā Ā Ā 

well done, always good to hear about more people getting into the sport!!

Ā 

i exsperienced the opposite, i had a very nice bunch of riders around me, we chatted the whole time. maybe it was just group A that was a little more competitive.....

Ā