3 smoke-free years today!

Dr. Seuss

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im 2 yrs and 2 months! For those of your trying to quick' date=' give Zyban a thought. I used it, took it for 2 months (and thankfully didnt have a seisure!!)- worked great and havent touched one since[/quote']

zyban is the best but after 2weeks on it i get very tired.

hate that I can't stop. it's the most addictive bloody drug in the world!

because its so damn good

Congrats.  I have stopped more than 14 years ago.  Still remember the last craving I had was round about the 3 year mark and it took all my self discipline to resist.  Hang in there.

It is good. I've even managed to stop drinking...call me crazy I know!

But stopping smoking eludes me like a night of passion with a group of Victoria's secret lasses.

How did u do it. Im struggling big time

took a couple of days - first day only had 3 cigarettes,  following day 2 and then 1. 

thereafter 1/2 a cigarette,  1/4 and then one last drag for ever!

think doing it this way helped a bit with the addiction.

was hard for a couple of days,  but just kept on telling myself that I will have to give up sooner or later,  so rather do it now and save myself the hassle later on.

probably most important thing is to NEVER HAVE ANOTHER DRAG EVER AGAIN!

it is actaully easier than you think.

i also went to so a hypnotherapist about a year before the actual giving up & he said that I will eventually give up when I am ready for it - this of course also helped a lot.

No wonder you are so aggitated with the cyclists in the area smiley2.gif.  He He , don't take me seriously.  Just could not resist.

PM me if you would like advice on what I did to quit.  It really is all in the mind.

It is good. I've even managed to stop drinking...call me crazy I know!

i stopped drinking and smoking at the same time. drinking just creates cravings for sigarettes.

No wonder you are so aggitated with the cyclists in the area smiley2.gif.  He He ' date=' don't take me seriously.  Just could not resist.

PM me if you would like advice on what I did to quit.  It really is all in the mind.
[/quote']

Lol I cant win

I been smoke-free for about 9 months now, and the only way I did it was by constantly imagining how much more fun I'd have on the bike without the wheezing and coughing! 

?

?

how cool is that!

?

Big%20smile

That is cool !!! BUT, you should really be careful with that Vidae addiction smiley2.gif Everyday smiley4.gif I'll buy when I see you there again... Oops... Maybe I also have a problem smiley36.gif

5 months now, used Zyban, for about ten days, and once I got used to having a dop or sitting in the traffic without it I was sweet. There is oral tobacco from peter S, you will see it in fridges at the spars on the cigarette counters called SNUS gives a nice hit without the filth. 

I am coming up for two years. I used "Alan Carr's easy way". It cost me about R100, and it seriously made it easy.

I don't crave at all!