Giro Stage 10

Man with no name

Apologies for using the HUB for its intended purpose, but I would rather discuss racing than bid my fellow hubbers a good night over the internet...

Yesterday's stage - quite a whopper! I know its not one of the big climbs yet, but it was quite revealing. Di Luca looked stronger than I thought he was, Cunego on the other looked like he was struggling?

Did we see the birth of Andy Shleck yesterday?

What do you guys think?

I was seriously impressed with Di Luca - He hasn't really put a foot wrong since the start of the Giro. I think he is a lot better than what he's been in the past, and even though yesterday wasn't the steepest, longest climb, it was number two of the four mountaintop finishes. If he keeps this up the others are gonna have a hard time making up the time that they are already behind. He's timetrialling isn't bad either, especially against that of the other GC favourites.

Agree with Phen, DDL has made a welcome return to the type of form he had in 2005, after a poor 06 due to several factors.

See my post 05 May - Di Luca - my pick on the podium.!!

He IS spectacular, a class act, and a brilliant team.

Remember his words at the start of the season "Its my last opportunity to win the Giro - I will be going all out to do so".!