Government Law to be Introduced

Its about time Government table a law that EVERY BICYCLE on the road needs to be licenced with a small licence disk.

They can start of by FORCING all the Pedal Power Orginizations to issue the licence plate when you register as a PPA member. (this can be on your membership card)

They also ensure that NO RACE ORGINISER can issue you a race entry if you don't produce your registration plate number

They must force all Cycling Clubs to have this in place when joining a club.

So, don't asked me the penalties and how they can enforce it, its the same as unroad worthy cars.

GOVERNMENT can use this money to drive Cycle Safe campaigns and identify cycle safe roads and routes.

Rasta, start on this please.... :-)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fock you. Maybe you want to put some government designed lisence disk numberplate thingy on a piece of cr@p like a bianchi, but no chance if hell will I put one on a Pinarello!

Guest Big H

Wat gaan ek hier in Nigerie doen en moet 'n Tandem twee disks he .... moet die disks aan die linkerkant wees of die regterkant en  ek hoop hulle gaan steinless staal wees want alles roes daar in die Kaap van die Goeie Hoop. Die weight weenies sal seker die disks in Carbon Fibre wil he en Mountainbikers sal dit net ignore!!!!!!!

ok this will work for the basic cyclist,

now what about the communter, riding his mtb, to the building site those bikes aren't road worthy and they on the road always at peak times, they not going to be able to buy a licence.

i still think you should licence to race.

Will I have to be a member of a club to get this licence ..... Smile

More importantly, will you be charged an additional R50 per annum to finance the eNATIS debacle?

Oh my... I don't have a problem with that, but, once again... who's gonna enforce it. Metro Police van't even manage the motorists, now Government wants to give them more work. Eishhh..

GOVERNMENT can use this money to drive Cycle Safe campaigns and identify cycle safe roads and routes.

In what dreamworld are you living? Definitely not in SA.

Get real!Confused

Fock you. Maybe you want to put some government designed lisence disk numberplate thingy on a piece of cr@p like a bianchi' date=' but no chance if hell will I put one on a Pinarello!

[/quote']

Voelie selfde oor my 'dale!

i've got, let just say, a coupla bikes of my own at home and two more for the boys. would you want to get one for "EACH BICYCLE"?  

Ek dink ek moet my connections gebruik om hierdie boodskap daar by die regte mense se ore te kry.

Dit kan net werk.

Cycling in SA needs to be controlled. Tooo many Cowboys running around.popeye2007-05-23 07:03:59

i've got' date=' let just say, a coupla bikes of my own at home and two more for the boys. would you want to get one for "EACH BICYCLE"?  [/quote']

Ya, sure, more money for eNATIS that wayBig%20smile

There I thought it would be safe to come back to the hub.  But NO, there are still people out there that don't think.

Firstly, the idea that every vehicle on the road should have a license is not bad logic.  Follow that up this some form of drivers license for anyone in control of such vehicles.  Not bad logic for a first world country with excessive administrative capacity, like the USA or France.  But considering that even these countries cannot  and/ or won't do it is the first step to refute the idea.  The second piece of evidence is that in the RSA we CANNOT even license all the MOTOR VEHICLES and the drivers of these vehicles.  (eNAtis????).  Finally, if we follow this logic even 6 year olds wishing to cycle to school will have to be licensed.  WTF

Secondly, the posting deals with trying to clean up competitive and recreational cycling.  Two things to consider.  Firstly, when the CSA suggested to do just what has been suggested by POPEYE many on this very forum wet their cycling shorts, claiming that it would kill cycling.  Secondly, why should the government regulate what is an elitist white sport full of self centred a$$holes?  After all most cyclists commute to work without all the BULL$hit?  Government is not being pressurized by its traditional support base to do anything about it.

Lastly, why should government drive any cycling safety campaign?  The last government minister to be seen cycling was Terror Lekota before he changed to the buffet (and now cannot reach the handle bars).  After many requests and begging on this forum, the cycling community has done very little (in relation to say the US or british cycling community) to raise awarness.  (Only some donations to ShaunH occured thanks to BIGH's effortsSmile).  In fact there was a lengthy debate between Samjoor and BMW driver on the merits of bunch riding (mostly about being JA BAAS to the demands of motorists).  Hell even cyclists are willing to  stand back and let the massacre continue.  So why should the government do anything?

Popeye if you want to implement your plan go into politics and become the president.  Failing that join the CSA and take Groot LEMS job. 

Good luck

Hulle gaan my maar eers moet vang!!!

Dis net nog 'n geld maak foefie wat die meeste wetshehoorsames sal gedwe? aanvaar en hulle nog meer X5e kan gaan koop!!!

Soos ek reeds gese het, al jy 10 karre in jou gerage het, ry jy met een nommerplaat vir almal?

DWS as jy 10 bicycles kan bekostig, kan jy 10 lisensies ook bekostig.

Ek dink ek moet my connections gebruik om hierdie boodskap daar by die regte mense se ore te kry.

Dit kan net werk.

Cycling in SA needs to be controlled. Tooo many Cowboys running around.

Cousin Vinnie said he will come visit to "discuss" this matter.  Maybe bring your connections with?  Big%20smile