Cycle Racks

Sabre484

I'm looking at purchasing a cycle rack for the car.

I was looking at these that get strapped to the back but must admit I have my doubts.

Unfortunately the cost for the towbar one will be approx R3000 due to a very expensive towbar...

How good are these strap on models?

I have heard the Saris Bones is very good I wanted to buy one but then had to put a towbar on my car . Now I am looking at the Thule xpress 970.

I also looked at the Saris... Just don't want to be in the position where I have to pick up pieces of the cycle of the N1

Unfortunately the cost for the towbar one will be approx R3000 due to a very expensive towbar...

For what car?

I've used the Thule Hang On 9102 for the last 2 years on my Fiesta. Drove down to CT and back for the Argus, no issues.

BTW, Its for sale, doesn't fit my new car.

I'm tooooo embarressed to say. 

RENAULT MEGANE...Towbar is about R2500 and then the rest for the carrier.

Car is going in the next few months..Don't really want to spend that kind of money now.

I've used the Thule Hang On 9102 for the last 2 years on my Fiesta. Drove down to CT and back for the Argus' date=' no issues.

[/quote']

why dont it fir your car ?? what is the price ?

I'm tooooo embarressed to say. 

RENAULT MEGANE...Towbar is about R2500 and then the rest for the carrier.

Car is going in the next few months..Don't really want to spend that kind of money now.

The sedan or the "bubble bum"? Mine cost R1800,00 fitted at Renault... And why embarrased? We aren't F1 champs for nothingWink

" Bubble bum" or as my better half calls it J-LO.

You obviously haven't tried trading it in yet????

I've used the Thule Hang On 9102 for the last 2 years on my Fiesta. Drove down to CT and back for the Argus' date=' no issues.

[/quote']

How much you asking?

I have had no problems with the Saris Bones.  Have regularly taken 3 bikes on trips up to 9 hours long (through the Transkei).  Can fit my wife's Boulder, my Anthem and my TCR without any problems.  Just check which model is best for you car.  The Saris website has a model compatibility checker.