BarlowWorld/Robbie Hunter in TDF?

Sunblock

They say thanks to Robbie winning the Picardi race, there's a strong chance SA will have its first TDF team this year.  When will we know? Sunblock2007-05-24 06:29:02

funny how the SA press have anounced BW's invite when the TDF organisers haven't issued the three wild cards yet...

from pezcycling:

Unibet Or Barloworld?
The final three team invitations for the Tour de France are expected later today with most pundits believing they will be given to Astana, Agritubel and Barloworld. In fact, I reckon you could lock Astana and Agritubel?s invitations in right now ? the only one that is under any doubt is Barloworld. Could the poor, unlucky soles at Unibet still have a chance of being invited? If I was Baden Cooke for example, I wouldn?t be getting excited yet, but imagine if they did get invited? A more fired up team on the startline you wouldn?t see with all of the riders desperate to prove themselves and show the world exactly what they can do against the best.

Alternatively, Barloworld have pushed hard for a few years now and I?m sure they feel they deserve their place ? more so than Agritubel anyway, but Barloworld isn?t French of course! We will soon find out?.if Unibet doesn?t get the invite though I?d say we should all get ready for another round of court cases people!

I heard the guys canceled a tour they were going to race in Germany to go and do altitude training to prepare for the tour so i think they maybe have some inside info.

actions speak louder than words.  have to say, if Barlowworld are in I am going to watch every stage.  It's time the South Africans appeared on that stage, and a RED TEAM is really going to stand out (hopefully for their performances too).

Maybe T-Mobile gets thrown out due to recent developments, which means Barlo might stand an even better chance.

Grapkas, I think any team that had a 50-50 chance of getting into the tour would start some pretty serious training. Doesn't mean they will get the place.

the BW kit is almost identical to the almost completely new look Cofidis one.

Guest Big H

Yecccch would that mean than Commondale would be back in the tour!!!!!! Nah save us that..... the TCS clan will never ever stop proclaiming the greatness of the brand!!!!!!!

Yecccch would that mean than Commondale would be back in the tour!!!!!! Nah save us that..... the TCS clan will never ever stop proclaiming the greatness of the brand!!!!!!!

Oom H is agter....

Liquigas is klaar in die toer en hulle sit op die Cannondales....

Hierdie is Di Luca se nice mashien was hy huidiglik op ry in die Giro....

20070524_075729_untitled3.JPG

i used to hate cannondale.  i reckon the CAAD4's are still some of their best bikes - naturally not road.  Cervello's are better, but for it's price, the aero tubing of the Cannondale TT (older versions tho) still rocks.

Guest Big H

Nuus trek stadig in Afrika.... die Commondale bode met die mikstok was in weke nog nie by my nie!!!!!!!!!

wonder what he has to say about Petacchis reecent wins after his last comment...looks like the million euro salary IS warranted after all.

which barlowworld riders can hold their own in the Alps?  Robbie certainly can't.  would be awesome to have a south african get a mountain stage win, but i don't see that happening for years and years.  or am i wrong?

which barlowworld riders can hold their own in the Alps?  Robbie certainly can't.  would be awesome to have a south african get a mountain stage win' date=' but i don't see that happening for years and years.  or am i wrong?[/quote']

He's a sprinter so he's not meant to be up front with the clmbers but he can certainly get over them. Did you not watch last year ?

Ryan can climb (Genting Highlands) but since being diagnosed with the artery problem he will probably be out.

ja I know Robbie's a sprinter.  Argus to name the most obvious example. what about Impie.  He's mos with MTN, but can he climb?