Who can remember the "old" Andrag training group?

Het Saterdagoggend op my breakfast ride Stellies toe vir oom van Zyl(Gert se pa) gekry. Die oom trap nog lekker vir sy 76 jare. Hy is net spyt hy het nie kompetisie nie!!!!!Sou graag SA's wou gery het.

I think I was one of the riders that started the group round about 1984.  There might have been a group before that I am not aware of.  In the beginning it was just Francois du Toit, Cathy Carstens, myself and Bertie Mostert.  Later it grew and Gert van Zyl, Steven Viljoen, Wiele Wentzel, Steven Bull, Andr? Dippenaar, George & Anita Gerber ext. also joined.  I know the group continued when Cathy and I stopped riding (due to parental obligations).  It did split a number of times because members did not always get along.  To tell you the truth that is exactly how the Andrag bunch started.  We used to meet in Protea Hoogte.  If my memory does not let me down, it was Dippies or Gert that got mad at Francois and those that followed him started meeting at Andrag.  I can recall a number of good memories and interesting stories from that group.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Het Sondag oggend saam met Popeye gaan ry......baie nice gewees behalwe vir die moerse kopseer van die klomp wit wyn van die voedsel en wynfees!! P.S: Moet nie rooi wyn en wit wyn meng nie!!Dead

AWESOME weer gehad!!Thumbs%20Up

Ja I remember him from triathlon.  His bike was a monster, and then his run aswell.  We should all try to be that good in our old age.