Giro st 12

Christie

Looks like it was another good one. I've only looked at the results, was in meetings so could not follow on cyclingnews.com

1 Danilo Di Luca (Ita) Liquigas
2 Gilberto Simoni (Ita) Saunier Duval-Prodir
3 Andy Schleck (Lux) Team CSC
4 Eddy Mazzoleni (Ita) Astana
5 Damiano Cunego (Ita) Lampre-Fondital

Time for the pretenders to go home? Looks like Di Luca is still at it Thumbs%20Up 

Christie, I am a bit concerned about Cunego, reading the cyclingnews live report it seems as if he was suffering towards the end. He's suppose to be a far better climber than Di Luca?

I think Gibo's the man for the Zoncolan

But will Gibo get back 3 min on Di Luca, and how much of a buffer will he need for the final TT?

Hope to see the highlights tonight. We'll see if Cunego gets better or worse. How did Ricco do?

Saw the highlights Thumbs%20Up Di Luca is looking very very strong. He never looked troubled even once yesterday going over some huge mountains. I don't understand why he attacked on Izoard - he does not have to attack, he already has 3 min on Simoni, and I dont think he cares about the KOM competition. The attack came at a strange point, perhaps hes playing mind games ???

I must say he is the surprize of the Giro so far, together with Andy Schleck. I thought Di Luca will win some stages, but I did not rate him for the GC. The way hes riding, I think he can win this thing.

Di Luca looked stong to me and it's great that someone attacks where you don't expect it!  Mind games?  I don't know, but it sends out a pretty clear message to your competitors.  Strong enough to attack anywhere!

Simoni looked like he was just trying to keep up, but I guess the more iles they do in the next few days, the more the legs will count.  Can't wait!  Wonder if it is live on RAI?!  Will have to check..

What a great stage! I had guests over and I forced them to watch with me, I didn't want to miss anything. I agree I'm also concerned about Cunego, not looking so good, you can see in his face he's not enjoying the hard pace set by Pieploi, Simoni and Di Luca.

Di Luca's looking so good I don't think anyone can catch him unless he fades big time over the coming week.

Schleck is really impressive, going with almost all the attacks except Di Luca's final stab for the line...

Some names disapeared down the GC yesterday: Salvoldeli, Popovych. Bye bye!

Also Hincapie & McEwen DNF yesterday.

I think Discowery will have much the same results at the TDF this year, by the look of things, unless they have Lance's doctors working on Leipheimer. Not so good when looking for a big new sponsor.

I also thought Saunier team looked very strong. Piepoli did a massive amount of work. Clap They will be a big factor in the challenge for the GC - Di Luca had no team mates with him. Perhaps he should have a chat to Mazzolini & Schleck for some help. 
Christie2007-05-25 01:07:19

Hubcap... ehmmm... I mean Hincapie Did Not Start yesterday... (scared of the big bad mountain???)

the Highlights was terrible compared to the live RAI broadcast!!!!

Cunego got dropped 30-50m on the Izoard Climb after an attack by Simoni, but grit it out and kept the gap from growing any further for about 2 km's and then rode back to the guys in front, that was a gutsy comeback!!!

The group of five came together on the descent, and then split up again in the last 1200m when Di Luca put in his attack.

Simoni was also Mega, and together with Piepoli, attacked three or four times on the Izoard. and each time it was usually Di Luca or once Cunego that closed the gap. have to give Cunego cudo's for not giving up!!!

Riveting!!!!

Isn't it amazing what a difference and inspiration a Dale makes WinkLOL

Go Di Luca!!!!!!!

Cunego showed some real character yesteday. And did you see Garzelli just kept chasing to the line. Ok, he lost time, but he didn't sit up and wait for the gruppo behind. Well done. If Cunego rides himself into form, the others better watch out. But Simoni must feel confident, I don't think DiLuca can do a ride like that in the high mountains again inside a week, and Simoni looks to have the strongest team as he was the only one with a team mate in attendance.

At one stage I thought Cunego was gone but no, he fought well. Good to see him catch the guys again. Just hope Di Luca isn't pushing too hard too soon...though he really did ride well yesterday and looked so comfortable.