MTB licences?

Ox_Wagon

How does this whole licensing push from CSA affect other cycling discipline?   Is a license required for MTB races? If so can I, like in running, use my a single license for all of the different discipline?

Nope, wait a month or two but the whole licencing issue will be done.

What I heard is:(from 2008)

a) The cyclosport licence falls away (the cheaper version to allow you to ride in the road leagues)

b) every cyclist will have to buy a full licence from CSA (THEN YOU CAN GO RIDE PROVINCIALS AND NATIONALS)

c) You have to have a licence to ride a "funride"

d) To get a FULL licence, you need to belong to a club, because you can only get a licence from CSA if your CLUB APPLY for it (current rule)

3) Your running licence was not issued by Cycling SA biut by Althletics SA. and they are not linked.popeye2007-05-25 01:46:16

You say the whole Cylosport license is falling away?  So this letter isn?t relevant any more?<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

http://www.highveld.co.za/cyclechallenge_2007/downloads/Letterforentriestosanctionedevents.pdf

Interesting!Shocked

My original question is: Do I need a License from CSA to ride a MTB race and if so is it the SAME FULL License needed for road races or do I have to get extra MTB license from CSA. 

In running I have ONE license (Issued by ASA) for Road running, cross-country and track and field.  No separate licenses are needed.

I have never had a license - I've been a funrider up to now. Now I would need to buy a license no matter what I ride? right? IF I want to ride subVets league, do I just pitch with my license, or is there additional criteria? Up to now the difference was the license, and the required PPA seeding in the case of Western Cape, correct?

Popeye, thanks for the info. I am concerned though. If all cyclists are licensed, will everyone get tested for dope? Will the backmarkers who tank up on bioplus and cough mixture to finish Argus suddenly have to know all the do's and don'ts of what he sees as a recreational sport? A line will have to be drawn again between recreational cycling (don't care if you dope) and competitive/professional cycling (don't even think about doping).

With a Cyclosport lic in 2007, CGC has agreed that you can ride one lic for all diciplines but from 2008 you will need separate ones.

In KZN you must be licenced for road or you pay for a day licence.MTB are the same you can buy a temp licence on the day.Best bet is to get a cyclosport licence for R 55 plus road R 20 and MTB 20.Works out cheaper than buying four temp/day licences.

No,... PPA Leagues still have a qualifying criteria.

Basis of entry:

*** Seeding in the PPA Seeding System ***

If you want to ride Elite's . You need to be a A-C

Vets (I think) is something like A - G

Masters = A - H

Something in die lynepopeye2007-05-25 03:44:14

Earlier this year we were informed by CGC that a licence will be required if you want to ride CGC sanctioned events within the Province. So I purchased one through my club and since then I've never had to produce it at any MTB event I've entered.

So in answer to your question...  NO, you don't need one currently.