Pepper spray...

AndreZA

Some of you have got pepper spray attached to your hydration packs. What's the name and where did you get it?

My sister-in-law gave me one that you can attach to your bike and then just pull it off if you need it...Quit cool!!!

most LBS stock some form or other of PPD (personal protection devices). ranging from pepper spray to crowbars (as needed).

no ways man, thats gotta be what, like 50grams extra Smile

Rather get some big oaks to cycle with

no ways man' date=' thats gotta be what, like 50grams extra Smile

Rather get some big oaks to cycle with
[/quote']

Would you rather sacrifice 0.1km/h with the pepper spray or 10km/h with the big guys?

B bought one for me from the security shop in Sandton, will have to check the brand when I get home. My friend ThePanda rides with a brand called SWAT, in a black container with red writing. Make sure it's pepper spray and not mace as pepper spray is more effective. Mine has a protective cover over the spray nozzle so you don't accidentally depress

has anyone actually used that stuff (sucessfully) on a potential bikejacker?

i know some guys from a notorious ride group in benoni who've used it on a aggressiveAngrymotorist or two

So does pepper spray have any performance-enhancing qualities? Apart from incapacitating your opponents, that is... Wink

I am just seriously worried about inhaling the stuff when reaching for a gel or something, and then having to confess past sins in front of the international media... 

Uhm - you all might want to consider giving it a (albeit expensive) test run...

Know two people that came unstuck with this stuff...

#1 was a t**ser who "bounced" the pub I used to work in. Got into an ugly scene with a lad waaaayyyyyyy bigger than him. Took the pepper/mace out with him just in case. It became just in case. So he whips it out, and sprays. But instead of a 'mist', this stuff sprays out in a little stream. Because he was so close to the other guy, the 'stream' of pepper/mace, shot across and hit the other guy on the forehead, before neatly ricocheting/rebounding back into our t**ser's eye....

WHAT an idiot. Needless to say, the other lad was a tad upset.

But he suffered no side-effects from the attempted macing.

"Unfortunately", our t**ser never saw what hit him though.

Literally.

As for friend #2.

Well, let's just say that if the spray does exit in a 'mist' form - DO NOT SPRAY it into the wind...

Good grief - am I imagining things, or has Patricia de Lille got blogs to begin automatically editing out words such as t**ser....

Ok.

I'm not imagining it.

Fancy that.

t**sers!

RodTi2007-05-25 08:32:36

Careful RodTi, maybe you'll get a warning for posting unappropriate language!!

If u stupid and don't know how to use pepper spray I pray to god you have not got a firearm !!! I am not scared to use my spray and have to replenish quite often .

Careful RodTi' date=' maybe you'll get a warning for posting unappropriate language!![/quote']

Serious?

Good grief.

Guess I'll have to mind my P's and Q's then.

Anyone know if it edits in Afrikaans?

Ag nee, bliksem man!