Wheels & Saddle

The Saint

If I purchase a Campag wheel will a Shimano cluster fit on it or are the Campag specific?

Also bought myslef a Fizik Arione Wing Flex seat yesterday, guys advised me that it is one of the better ones, was I suckered or is this true? One thing I do like about it is that it has a special clip on the back for the Fizik light to fit into, got me one of those to.

Yes it will accept a Shimano cluster. The saddle good but is more an individual taste and each has their own.

Not so sure about the saddle, but Campag wheels are available with shimano freebodies. I'm not sure if they are available locally though.

Check out TotalCycling or Comobike to see if the campag wheels comes with the option of Shimano fh bodies (I'm sure they do). Otherwise enquire with J&J Cycling or CWC.

Good chance to upgrade to Campag - I'm sure a couple of guys here can help you think of a way to get it past the wife!

Good chance to upgrade to Campag - I'm sure a couple of guys here can help you think of a way to get it past the wife! 

I'm not sure she knows the difference, did a handlebar upgrade a month back, she did comment that they looked different, I said nope always been like that and that was the end of the conversation. As long as everything is black I am sure I am able to slip it past her.

. As long as everything is black I am sure I am able to slip it past her.

ConfusedShocked

I, too, have just bought the Aroine. Went for a ride the other day, and only after the ride realised a have a new saddle and found it very comfortable.Thumbs%20Up

Rode the saddle for the first time today. Different, I have never rode with a saddle the shape of the Arione before and it was a bit strange at first, other than that very comfortable and highly recommended.

Saddle is a personal choice. At the moment I enjoy the SLR I got from The Russian. But need to get use to the thin padding after using a sofa for 5 years. Remember, a saddle is only as comfy when you wear good shorts.

Hey MuxMan, how you doing? When we seeing you at Suikerbos again? You can most certainly get Campagnolo wheels with shimano freebody, just need to order the correct model number!! E1A1042007-05-28 11:07:26

Rode the saddle for the first time today. Different' date=' I have never rode with a saddle the shape of the Arione before and it was a bit strange at first, other than that very comfortable and highly recommended.[/quote']

MuXmAn, hope you remembered to install it properly. Remember the "pointy" side must be facing the direction you want to go - not to where you came from!!Big%20smile

Rode the saddle for the first time today. Different' date=' I have never rode with a saddle the shape of the Arione before and it was a bit strange at first, other than that very comfortable and highly recommended.[/quote']

MuXmAn, hope you remembered to install it properly. Remember the "pointy" side must be facing the direction you want to go - not to where you came from!!Big%20smile

Lmao got the guys at the LBS to do it, I am well aware of my limitations. Remember I hold the title of "Worst Cyclist"Ouch

E1A104 I will be out at Suikerbos with you guys the weekend of the 16th and 17th of June, hopefully with a few mates so we can have a nice slow group ride.Dead