Worst Cyclist Ever

The Saint

Ok I am now convinced I am the worst cyclist ever to take to a bicycle.

This afternoon on my training ride I am going up Klipriver Hill (Butchers Hill) and this guy on his training run comes casually running past me.

I hang my head in shame, I even tried to catch him but could not, little bastard was quick on his feet.

I think I need to go hang my bike up in the garage and forget about it.Dead

Muxman. It is part of life. Must have your downfalls in life. Everyone has that moment. I was beaten by my sister this year for the 1st time in more than 7 years on the bike. I almost hang my bike up for that. I think i should actually, cause it will probably happen again soon.

Train hard and when you see the guy again, show him what you really capable off!!

Muxman, thanks for a good laugh !!!

Don't worry about it, a few years ago I also used to find it a challenge to catch the joggers up the hills in the early morning. Today I did a 2:21 Bela-Bela.

Keep up the training and the fitness will come.

(Maybe the little bastard was actually one of the Russian contingent preparing to win Comrades Wink)

blah' date=' blah... Today I did a 2:21 Bela-Bela.[/quote'] Clap Jissie Oom, excellent time, well done!! Hope you got a couple of sprint points along the way... Wink. You must of had me in your sight the whole race Confused... I'm off to train now.

You must of had me in your sight the whole race Confused... I'm off to train now.

Ja you'd better go train, you need to catch Michelle Wink.

MuXMan

Dont feel bad. I just started cycling about 2 years ago. Rode out from Paarl one saturday afternoon towards Malmesbury... Guess what.. I was caught by a guy in a wheel chair on a climb.

I only found out later that is was Ersnt Van Dyk on a training ride. Today he still ride a few cyclists into the ground on weekly training rides..

So maybe that little guy comming past you might have been not such an ordinary guy after all..  

Muxy, don't stress. I last rode my bike the week-end before the memorial ride. Put on 7 kilo's, thats right 7 (seven) in 4 months!!. Been watching the Giro and have decided to ride again before the winter bulge adds up.

So, if you need a riding buddy in the south for some afternoon stints, let me know. With time you will and can improve!!!! Keep going!!!

If its any consolation there was a guy today running (read running!!!!) the Suikerbosrand route!!!!

Mux, first things first, it's no shame to be passed by a runner or wheelchair-person or for that matter a cyclist with a prosthetic limb.

Look at the positive, you weren't walking next to your bike when he passed you and he's close to as fast as he'll run up that hill, whereas you'll be giving it gas up butchers doing 25-30 when you're stronger.

Vasbyt and always take the positive out of every situation even if it's a k4k situation.

more consolation: my 9-year-old dropped me around giloolly's yesterdayAngryokay, the little shCensoredt did take a shortcut ?

and the other night an ancient dude - he looked, like, 90 - on a dikwiel sucked my wheel and held on the whole way before passing me at the top of atlas road. i just wanted to sit down and cryCry

Good morning.

I just can't believe your kid beat youWink. Even if he took a short cut.

to be honest, i kinda let him get one over on me because on our beer/cooly trip to the restaurant i was the one who cheated!!!! he was a bit miffed

This is the time of year that the top runners put teh "Finishing touches" to their training before comrades. A couple of hill sprints seems to be the standard thing now days.

You just got unlucky.

MuxMan, you should see this as motivation to train harder to catch the little bastard on the feet. Look at my signature. It realy is true.