Bonsai boughs out

Bonsai

It?s time for Bonsai to sign off until he is needed again, entries for the Kremetart have  closed, his job is done for now.

<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

The Idea of using the Baobab Tree (Kremetart)  in such way to promote  the Kremetart One Day stage race and our Soutpansberg region came from this year?s Kremetart race organizer Lampies Schoeman. Lampies is an avid  Baobab enthusiast and has produced some remarkable Baobab  bonsai, a feat that really boggles the mind,  that this massive tree can be reduced to a  Bonsai.  

20070527_123152_Bonsai_map.jpg

Lampies se droom is ?Mag die Kremertart Fietstoer van ?n Bonsai kremetart groei tot een van die groot  Reuse (Kremetarte) in Afrika,  Die fietstoer het begin as n Bonsai en is nou nommer een in RSA?  Dit gaan nog groei gee ons net tyd.

Lampies is a self confessed computer illiterate , so he asked me to try my hand on the Hub on his behalf. He has been involved in almost all the Kremetart races since the first one 17 years ago.

I know under Lampies care this Kremetart will be  a very good one. I hope he has a great day himself, and doesn?t stress too much. 

Lampies supplied the Baobab photos, from a presentation he made to the Bonsai Society.  The cycling photos were provided by Anton van Zyl and the Zoutpansberger, as well as by Callie Engelbrecht

I hope that Hubbies have been as informed about this remarkable tree as I have.

I leave all Hubbies with this use for the Baobab from  Palgrave?s Trees of  Southern  Africa which may come in handy. ?An infusion is made from the bark and when drunk is said to ward off attack by crocodile.?    

20070527_123350_Bike-tree2.jpg

Guest Big H
?An infusion is made from the bark and when drunk is said to ward off attack by CROCODILE????????"...... what do you use to ward off an attack by a wheelbarrow..... a CROCODILE!!!!!!!!!???????????? Big H2007-05-28 07:51:56