Magalies Monster

Haga

Hey Folks

Anyone ride the Magalies MTB on the weekend,

Absolutely loved the mixture of gnarly downhills, and mostly rideable climbs.

Will be back next year.

DClap

Awesome race . But the downhill next to the fence did catch me out and I got the 5 stitches to prove it .

Yip, enjoyed it tooooo!!!

Nice to be a spectator for a change!

Congrats to everyone who finished and to those who came short and got the scars and broken bikes to prove it!Clap

Sjoe! Ja, it was a great race. I'll definately be back next year. The downhill next to the fence got me too, twice. I'm very happy (and lucky, I think) that I didn't need stitches.

Nice race, but not for beginners technical wise.

Anyone know where one can view the results?

QUOTE=holy roller]didn't ride it, but guys i know who did said it was carnageOuchlotta broken bikes

Nice race' date=' but not for beginners technical wise.

[/quote']

The local bike shops ???

QUOTE=holy roller]didn't ride it' date=' but guys i know who did said it was carnageOuchlotta broken bikes[/quote']

Nice race' date=' but not for beginners technical wise.

[/quote']

The local bike shops ???

oh scotty, you're pretty sharp this monday morn, aren't you?LOLLOLLOL
holy roller2007-05-28 00:40:50

glad you guys enjoyed it... i had to much flu to even think of doing any exercise.....DR hope you didn't split open to bad and that your Raleigh is okay ? Big%20smile

Next year ......

glad you guys enjoyed it... i had to much flu to even think of doing any exercise.....DR hope you didn't split open to bad and that your Raleigh is okay ? Big%20smile

Next year ......

You mean his Morewood...erm I mean his DirtRider.

I see Fiona Coward who org the Panarama tour and the Sabie Shenanigans got 4th just missing 3rd place in the female cat. Excellent result for someone in their 40's.

Will definitely be back for next year's race - hopefully on my own set of wheels. This was my first MTB race, and only the third time that I was on a MTB (off road that is). Definitely worth the money spent.

Next up for me is the Shenenigan.

It's funny how things work out, i had a bit of a head cold so was'nt even going to ride. Not having riden this one before decided i would just take my Ellesworth Moment 6 inch travel bike that weighs a ton and go out and play. We'll that was probably the best descision i made all year, the bike just came into it's own on this course. Since i started right at the back to see how i felt after the first 10k's i spent alot of time off the single track in the rough passing riders on the gnarly downhills.

In the end things turned out great and i see i finished 11th in the Vets. Must say during the ride my heart was going out to all the folk on hard tails. But for once i felt if you had good technical skills it made up for not being a good climber. So it was a great equalizer this race.Tongue