TdF leader riding in DC 2009

The Pirate

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he was riding with a German team that came to do the race. They had dark blue and white clothes on. He did not enter and did not have a chip on. He jumped in after about 2 km into the race at the top of the first drag out of town' date=' that's where I saw him the first time standing alone next to the road.

I think he is here to maybe do some nice base training. He said to me he wasn't happy with his position in this year's Tour so he might start his prep a bit earlier for next year smiley1.gif [/quote']

It looked to me like he was riding with the Swift guys....

Linus Gerdemann!

Aha

Should have picked it up from the earlier Linus

Are Milram regular visitors to our shores this time of the year?

They come every year - there are 4 milram riders in CT at the moment... Linus says Cape Town is Awesome

I don't know who Linus rode with... Ciolek rode with us in Swift.

They come every year - there are 4 milram riders in CT at the moment... Linus says Cape Town is Awesome

That's cool!

I'm not suprised he likes it.You are having pearler weather.Can't wait to get down on the 11th Dec

What other teams are coming to drink our wine and steal our wimmen?

Linus rode with us in The Young and the Restless

They come every year - there are 4 milram riders in CT at the moment... Linus says Cape Town is AwesomeI don't know who Linus rode with... Ciolek rode with us in Swift.

Linus rode with us in The Young and the Restless

I thought it was some overseas team that entered. You guys were very lucky to have these 2 great riders in your teams. Here is a picture just after the race of me and Linus. He is already dressed to hit on some wimmen smiley36.gif

20091124_001814_DSC_1126b.jpg

Guest colonel
Wow' date=' didn't know Ciolek also trains here. Super talent that guy![/quote']

Phen, in Cape Town from Mid Nov to January its like Europe there are so many overseas Pros here its a joke. At 1st its like "Oh wow check its Kloeden, Gerdeman etc etc then after awhile its like "Oh they still here" and the Fan Faze falls away.

Wow' date=' didn't know Ciolek also trains here. Super talent that guy![/quote']

?

Phen, in Cape Town from Mid Nov to January its like Europe there are so many overseas Pros here its a joke. At 1st its like "Oh wow check its Kloeden, Gerdeman etc etc then after awhile its like "Oh they still here" and the Fan Faze falls away.

You guys are lucky colonel, you've got most things there that we Gautengers, can only dream about. O yes, except for the Super14 and Currie Cup smiley36.gif

?

Haha, ja we have none of that here, but with traffic and taxi's I can see why no one would want to train here. I'm coming down in January so maybe I'll be lucky enough to spot some of those guys on the road.

Went to the Eindhoven TTT (when the Pro Tour was in its first year and all 20 the teams had to take part in all the events) and managed to sneak into the warm-up area inside a big hangar-like building where all the team buses were parked and all the riders on their rollers. I was still a kid and had only seen these guys on tv before. was one of the coolest days ever for me.Phen2009-11-24 02:38:04