Speed setting on Cateye

Guest Big H

Guest Big H

I put a Cateye Astrale 8 on M's spinner. What speed setting do I use. Normally you put in the diameter of the bike wheel. Do you do the same here????????..... BLONDE MOMENT!!!!!!!!!

A number of spinning bikes dont have any computer, Virgin Actives bikes dont.

Guest Big H

Witty............................ so all of you above also do not know the answer. Do I have to give a description of a spinning bike as well...... same as the one used in the old Tazz advertisement.

Primarily for the cadence wise guys!!!!!!!! I just would like the speedo to work as well and not record 80km/h while going nowhere. I have a Polar cadence sensor on for the S725X.
Big H2007-05-28 11:30:53

Wheel circumference as far as I know. Proably don't need to explain it but here goes in any case.

Place a tape measure on the floor, mark your wheel with a piece of chalk, roll it along the tape measure until the chalk mark returns to its original starting point and that is your circumference, punch this into the cat i and you should get a speed reading.

Well there is the problem, the S 725 is not realy for cycling is it now??

If it is for cadence who cares about the speed. just don't install the speed sensor.

Ultimatly, if you insist on getting the speed, which is of no concequence, the setup will still be dependent on the circumference of the wheel.

This notwithstanding, will still mean zip. just go with the cadence, no issues here.

Wheel circumference as far as I know. Proably don't need to explain it but here goes in any case.

Place a tape measure on the floor' date=' mark your wheel with a piece of chalk, roll it along the tape measure until the chalk mark returns to its original starting point and that is your circumference, punch this into the cat i and you should get a speed reading.
[/quote']

Dude it is a spinning bike, good luck trying to get it rolled out on the floor. However the principle is correct, just measure the circumference, in this case there is no need to compensate for the tyre compression. Hopefully there is none. If there is you have seeerrrrrious weight issues!!!smiley36.gif
Dick2007-05-28 12:18:21

Guest Big H

Muxie..... I just popped a hernia dislocated my knee and bust the fourth vertebrae on my back and cracked my skull!!!!!! Spinn bikes are heavy verrrry heavy. I managed to pick it up but when I started rolling it on the floor I lost my balance. M has the ensuing fracas on videotape. She was hysterical but I cannot laugh untill the swelling on my brain is down and they take me out of traction...... thanx anyways!!!!!!!!!

LOL. The local Nigerians must think that SA is exporting all their "Groendakkies" patients.

Guest Big H

Dick it is not my S725X if you read my post.... it is a Cateye Astrale 8. This has both the Cadence and Speed sensors as one in the wring harness. I just thought because it is there us it!!!!!!

Guest Big H

My closest LBS is 4500 km from here!!!!! .......duh!!!!!!

Sorry H, spinning wheel meausurement induced lapse in concentration. I will once again retreat to the shadowy wings and wait to pounce on unsuspecting hubbers without properly reading the posts...............

I am not worthy.........not worth..........not wor..........juet bloody not.