Bloem

Seepglad

Lets not be so critical here - the guys did awesomely well. Give them the credit that they deserve. As far as I am concerned you can only be critical if you are standing on the high ground i.e. if you have delivered a performance in line with what we have seen at the SA's then you have some latitude as far as critical comments are concerned. Until then lets be positive and give the medal winners the glory that they deserve.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

David's is a world standard.  Maybe Cherise Taylor. 

The FSS performance is good in the 30-34, probably their best performance in any category.

Raynard Tissink's time last year was 40:30 and Craig went under that by only 9 seconds.  Good for Craig possibly, but perhaps, to be fair, we have to compare apples with apples.  Would have liked to have seen Raynard ride this course.  My personal opinion is it ought to allow much quicker times as it is much flatter.  So I'd assume Raynard would have gone under 40 minutes easily. maybe even under 39 minutes.

Actually I'm not referring to the prologues.  I've seen 47km averages and higher for races 60km and further, and that's in a tour scenario.  The longest TT distances here is 40km, which is about the minimum distance your average triathlete will do.  Personally I think it's not far enough, but then I'm not as familiar with cycling as everyone else.

But if you look you'll find triathletes popping up everywhere - Donovan van Gelder, David Hyam etc.  They're used to timetrials twice or three times as far.

btw I'm no longer in the 30-34 age group (happily), but I notice the top 15 of my age group has 1 Free Stater, so I would have liked to have tested those top 15.

35-39 looks pretty shabby from the point of view of the FSS in comparison to the previous category.  But then it should - I'm not there.Wink

What nonsens is this what this and what if and what if that.....thats a sore looser to me that whines!!!!!

All that is, is that everyone is giving great performances and very good times and proud of the some of the free staters!!!!

Witrot, stick to die Moedertaal.

I agree, credit where credit is due.  Those who did well, you know who you are, well done.

Witrot' date=' stick to die Moedertaal.

[/quote']

Which one would that be???

Any ideas what the distances are for the Vets / masters TT and RR are? (sorry to busy to look it up on the CSA site)

Sunblock - wasn't Raynard born on the Free State side of the Vaal??

Rot - what if its just an attempt to discuss things???

Rot - what if its just an attempt to discuss things???

Ja ja, no problem discussing the great times and comparing it to overseas, but not this what if i was there or if that dude was there or whoever! If he is that good he would have been there!!

ja he's from Vanderbijl originally.  We started racing at about the same time; he demonstrated quality and consistency from the start.  What makes him even more hardcore is he tends to train on his own and still gives the guys carrots.  So ja I really admire him.  I think if he'd gone into pure cycling only he'd been in the BarlowWorld team right now - in terms of his triathlon his cycling quality has always stood out.

Witrot the best FSS athlete in 35-39 - according to the result -  is Eugene Gotz.  I'm pretty sure I'm a lot better than him in the timetrials, I know I am better in terms of last years kermesse.  His wife happens to be the secretary or voorsitter of the club I applied to, but I doubt whether there is a conspiracy there.  I'm just saying it's not a very clever/positive/rational move from my province to cut me out of a national championship when I am (arguably) their best representative.  I don't think it is good for me, or for cycling.

But I think you're missing the point.  The point isn't how good am I, but:

1) are our standards for cycling high enough (in general)

2) is it acceptable that we have double standards - we allow some riders to ride because we like them, and others we exclude to spite them.  Because there are double standards in our officials, at regional and national level, and this is unacceptable.

The answer is pretty obvious once you get over this game of tit for tat, namecalling and nitpicking ping pong.

I didn't ride today because I was purposely excluded.

I made it very clear that it was my goal to ride today, and so specific people went out of their way to prevent that.

I take heart though that I'm not the only person in this position.  Benni McCarthy - if you check his case carefully - has also been spited and excluded by the soccer authorities. Now they want him to take part - and he is SA's best soccer player.  And he's not interested.  What he probably deserves is an apology.  The country should demand one on his behalf if they care about soccer.  But do you think the soccer officials will ever apologise?  Not a chance.  Never!  As far as they're concerned, they are more important than he is (and by implication, than the sport).  That's not right.

Exactly the same in my case, except I don't imagine I am that good.  I'm no national treasure, but I do have something to contribute, don't we all.  I'd like my place in the sun.  My time and my life and my goals are important to me, even if to no one else.  That's what I am defending.  What is particularly unacceptable was that it was not an accidental error, some individuals purposely sabotaged my attempt to compete.  That is a disgrace and that needs to be addressed.  Not me.  Forget about my finger and rather look at whom it is pointing to... 

Sunblock!!

Howzit going dude!! I dont think i know you or I asume you dont know me, if you do know me, have I done anthing to insult you?? as I find you very opinionated about my riding . I dont know Reynaard but I know his one hell of a timetrialist!!!!.

Im in Bloem for the weekend and staying at the Baywater lodge on Willcox street, my cell number is 0828032368.. give me a call and I'll try help resolve the issues you have regarding my timetrialing ability.Clap

Cheers

Craig Harvey.

Guest colonel

SunBlock: How the ****does your head fit in ths forum? You flipn rate and love yourself but you always have an excuse why you never performed. Dude you pissing me off go home and train cause even if you had the 1% of 101%'s hardwork and dedication you would still suck.

Get a life.

Sunblock!!

Howzit going dude!! I dont think i know you or I asume you dont know me' date=' if you do know me, have I done anthing to insult you?? as I find you very opinionated about my riding . I dont know Reynaard but I know his one hell of a timetrialist!!!!.

Im in Bloem for the weekend and staying at the Baywater lodge on Willcox street, my cell number is 0828032368.. give me a call and I'll try help resolve the issues you have regarding my timetrialing ability.Clap

Cheers

Craig Harvey.
[/quote']

LOL

Sunblock must rate as one of the biggest losers I have ever come across in 19 years of cycling... Geez to carry on and on abot "sub par" and "I am much better that so and so"

GET ON YOUR f**kING BIKE AND PROVE IT ****!!!!!

Hey, I've got an idea,  why don't we meet Sunblock tomorrow outside Bains Lodge and let him do a 20/30 or whatever distance timetrial and time it?