Argus Cycle Tour double billed me!

parabola

I entered the Argus Cycle Tour in September, paid using my cheque card as I do not have a credit card.

Today I check my current account balance and they have charged me again for R650 on the 27th of this month. I called the cycle tour office, and they told me it is a problem with Nedbank. I have phoned Nedbank and they assure me that it will be sorted out. I just wanted to tell everyone so that they are aware of this problem.

EDIT : banks sorted me out within a few days. Clap

parabola2009-12-02 07:43:01

The same happened to me. I also phoned and email the office. They said they will reverse the one transaction but nothing happened so far.Angry

Just imagine the intererest on +- 30 000 x R300 = R9 000 000 per day.

Sounds like the Michael Jackson concert years ago, where everybody paid and they refunded the money 3 months later.

Sound fishy...

Happened to me a few years ago - They use VCS as their service provider for card transactions and their servers seems to fall over under load. I did fight to get a refund - check your email confrimation for details (ref number) and take it up with them as well, since they are ones who will have to reverse the duplicate.

Their email is support@vcs.co.za

My wife is at standard bank and her credit card also got rebilled for a purchase from Diesel made two months ago. So it is not just the Argus but Nedbank indeed

orbeaorca2009-11-27 08:02:50

It happens quite often on credit card purchases. It normally gets reversed before you even know.

Thats the problem. I paid using a cheque card, so this is cash directly out of my current account. Basically they stole the money from me Angry

I entered the Argus Cycle Tour in September' date=' paid using my cheque card as I do not have a credit card.

Today I check my current account balance and they have charged me again for R650 on the 27th of this month. I called the cycle tour office, and they told me it is a problem with Nedbank. I have phoned Nedbank and they assure me that it will be sorted out. I just wanted to tell everyone so that they are aware of this problem.

Since the money came straight out of my current account I am now R650 poorer, and the transaction was done at the end of the month when money is always tight.

I will update as soon as they have refunded me the amount.
[/quote']

It is because it takes them double the time and effort as you are on the road so long.  If you have a nice and fast race next year your next entry will be cheaper. 

It happens quite often on credit card purchases. It normally gets reversed before you even know.

Thats the problem. I paid using a cheque card' date=' so this is cash directly out of my current account. Basically they stole the money from me Angry

[/quote']

Who did you speak to at the cycle tour office?

A very friendly and helpful consultant at Standard Bank said that the problem will be sorted within the next 3 days. Thumbs%20Up