Basic tools

Guest Big H

Guest Big H

Some of the tools I use to maintain my bikes. This is not all but there are many more you can buy!!!!!!! Feel free to PM me if you need more information. The best tools to buy are Park and Pedros. These are shop tools but with the little we use them tools made by BBB and other are sufficient. Also look at the BBB site for more tools and accessories.

Tools not shown are cone spanners. Normally a set of two to set the tension between the cones and the ball bearings of a hub and a Pedal Spanner, a longer than a normal spanner and easier to remove pedals. (I left mine at home) Bicycle specific tools not shown here. Kempekker has their own tools. They do not like to work to standards. The new external bearing BBs has special tools. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Set of roundhead allen keys. Park and others sells very expensive proprietary sets. Mine is a Midas cheap and cheerful and does the work.

Allen key. Used mostly on the bike. Grip makes it easier to use.

Cable cutter?. Get the best you can afford. The cleaner the cuts the easier you thread the cables. YOU CANNOT CUT CABLES WITH A SIDE CUTTER.BBB makes a usefull one.

Disposable syringe with a thick blunt needle used to oil derailleur and other inaccessible places.

Bottom Bracket Tool. (Shimano Specific) BBB

Cassette Tool (Shimano Specific) BBB

Crank removal tool (two types one for square taper other for hollow) Mine is a combo tool that can remove both. The new external BB bearings use different tools. Cheep and cheerfull one

Side cutter. Cut Zip ties etc.

Pliers (also have a set of long nose pliers)

Vice Grip. (put it on your sons ear if he carries your tools away!!!!)

Shifting. Can also be used to set camber on brake calipers and cautiously bend dropouts back in line. (do this at your own peril!!!!)

Assorted bits. (Flat, Phillips, Allen(Hex), Torx etc ?? very handy tool to have. Invest in the best you can afford and make sure every time you close the box that all the bits are back in their places!!!!!

Nipple whrench?.. nee Marius dit is NIE iets wat jy in Teazers gebruik nie!!!!!! Park Tools are the best and work the best.

Chain Breaker. Buy the best you can afford. Mine is a Topeak but the Park tool is the best.

Chain Gauge.  Two types shown Park gauge and Bicycling or Scythe. Both are go no go tools. Measures chain wear.

Grease gun. I have three. One each for Forks; grease (Park grease is best) and Copper Grease. These are cheap no name brand grease guns i brought in when I ordered form www.chainreactioncycles .com and cost R35-00 each.

Self made chain whip

Handle for bits shown earlier.

Special tool that fits into the rear of chain blade screws made by Park tools. Very handy to stop those little devils from turning when you want to tighten them.

Park Spoke Tensiometer. Invaluable when truing wheels and building wheels.

20070531_101322_bike_tools_1.jpg

Guest Big H

I do not need them I only deal with quality equipment!!!!! tee hee!!!!!!

Ya mean kempekkernoglia needs tools as well!!!!!!!! Well I never at last somebody admits that kempekker can break down as well!!!!!!!

Ya mean kempekkernoglia needs tools as well!!!!!!!! Well I never at last somebody admits that kempekker can break down as well!!!!!!!

No, but to fit kempekkernoglia after removing unserviceable sh!tmano!

Guest Big H

Listen you goofs. I did not place and spend the time to prepare this information to be abused by senseless kempekkernoglia thugs. This just shows what type of person uses these groupsets.

I'm totally innocent BigH i promise. I was in Sportmans Warehouse the other day and i see they are selling a complete bike repair kit for about R500, closer inspection revealed tools that would not last a few attempts at repairing something.

Guest Big H

Wrong???? choice of a word.... oops!!!!!!

Listen you goofs. I did not place and spend the time to prepare this information to be abused by senseless kempekkernoglia thugs. This just shows what type of person uses these groupsets.

Forgive the young ones, oom H. Thanks for the info...

Yes Big H, very handy and informative. Unfortunately I do not need tools as I use Campagnolo, but will keep your list just in case I ever fall on my head and buy ShimaNO!LOL racman2007-06-03 12:22:08

Guest Big H

The post above clearly illustrates the depth of a kempekker besotted brain. Lekker onnosel ne!!!!!! The only tools shown above that a kempekker cannot use is:-

Bottom Bracket Tool. (Shimano Specific)

Cassette Tool (Shimano Specific) BBB

It is NOT my fault that kempekker uses standards that enamate form the planet Zoltar!!!!!!!!....... and if you thought you were funny by posting the silly post above..... not many will see the mirth in it. Only kempekkers, who ARE the minority groupset users will giggle in a moronic way when they read your post.
Big H2007-06-03 12:43:42

i thought that i falled on my head because i am set up for newest post first, and what was above was actually abelow, big h, but it is becoming clear that it is racman who falled on his head, and he isn't even laughing cos he didn't understand cos he uses those italian jobs