BOTTLARY ROAD - The cycling Highway from now on.

Ok guys, read this yesterday afternoon in my local newspaper.

The Bottlary Road is close to be finish. Good news?

Wait... ?

On this 18 km piece of road they now have build a (total of 3.7meter wide )cycling lane.

Every 2 km (in both directions) will be a Cycling bord warned motorist that this road is used by cyclist and to drive carefully.

This guys is the start of something special for us.

Unfortiniatly they do not tell who we can contact to thank for this decision.

So, keep this posting clean and positive and if we can identify someone we can direct them to this page to read how gratefull we are.

THE BOTTLARY ROAD UNDOUBDLY THE MOST USED ROAD BY NORTHERN CUYCLIST TO GET OUT OF TOWN.

This is brilliant.   smiley10.gif smiley10.gif smiley10.gif smiley10.gif smiley10.gif

Does anyone know who we can contact to thank them? This is really great! I think if we could get hold of whoever is responsible and send them as many thank you emails and phone calls as possible it would go a long way!

Fantastic news!  This road is an integral part of a nice 45 km loop from my house via Kuils River..was wondering when they were going to finish it.  Now I just have to get a road bike again...

Oostenberg and Winelands District Council...I bet  their road engineers are cyclists...Wink good for them...

This is brilliant news. I rode it on Sunday and was wondering if they had the insight to put in a cycling lane. It's still quite a way from being complete though, still no white lines and they are still working on the water ducts and some sections of tar as well. Buff2007-06-01 02:19:05

Guest Big H

Wonderlike nuus!!!!!!! Hubbers hier is iets aan die gebeur..... orals..... kyk vir Shaun..... nou Bottelary. Ons as fietsryers moet VERANTWOORDELIK besit neem van die positiewe gebeure. Skryf briewe waarin julle die owerhede bedank vir die pers... die owerhede self en enigiemand. Praat positief hieroor. Ry positief op ons paaie en dinge SAL begin gebeur!!!!!!! Daar was selfs baie positiewe verwikkelinge by die belangrikste PADOWERHEID in die land. Die Hub sal meer daaroor hoor as alles eers in plek is!!!!!!!!

Die belangrikste is dat ons ook ons kant MOET wys en positief daaroor wees, praat en gebruik. Een vrot appel wat wat gebeur misbruik sal baie mense laat omdraai en se....SIEN EK HET JULLE GESE ALLE FIETSRYERS IS GOMGATTE!!!!!!! Ons wil nie he dit moet gebeur nie!!!!! Julle moet self besit neem hiervan. As jy 'n GOMGAT gewaar se vir hom hy is een. As genoeg mense vir hom se hy is 'n GOMGAT sal hy ophou om een te wees!!!!!!! ...... of sy vuiste sal so seer wees hy sal ophou om die mense te slaan wat se hy is 'n GOMGAT!!!!!! tee heeee!!!!!!!

This is good news. Where is this road exactly. I should know since i live in the Northern suburbs but haven't been here long.

the one going past the kuilrivier golf course. daar waar jy afry as jy die winelands doen, en die laaste stuk terug voor jy by brackenfell indraai regs

Sounds like very good news.

Might I suggest a few "thank-you" letters to the local newspapers once the road becomes operational.

This way not only do you publicly thank those concerned, but hopefully spread the news to non-cyclists about how all road users can exist together (peacefully..)

This is good news. Where is this road exactly. I should know since i live in the Northern suburbs but haven't been here long.

When you turn off the La Belle Rd in Stiklant, it goes past the Kuilsriver Golf Course towards Stellenbosch - can't miss it - just follow the "big exodus"  of cyclists in a few months time...Wink