Our first ride in Nigeria!!!! yipppppeeeee!!!!!!

Guest Big H

Guest Big H

We did our first ride today!!!!!! The rain season officially starts on 01 June. yesterday was the 2nd of June and true to form the heavens REALLLLYYY opened. This morning it was still cloudy but we drove about 15km out of town past Ajah on the Lekki Epe Express. Virtually no traffic and we set off. Three Saffas and two Australian Americans!!!!! About three km out the rain came down in buckets.... a real tropical squall. I have never seen anything like this. We were soaked in second and sought refuge at a buss stop. It seemed as if there was a living being inside my cycling shoes....we were wet wet wet!!!!!. We then cycled on the tarred roads of a future housing estate and then went back to where we parked. The road was flooded and you cannot see the potholes. We did 13,2 km but HOW GLORIOUS,,,, my bum was on a bike seat again!!!!! We lost a lot ..... a great lot of our fittness and a lot of work lies ahead..... but be warned The Big H and the Mighty M is aiming to rise to great heights again..... we will get fit and race properly again!!!!!!!

We finished our cylce in real cycling style. We went to Chocolate Royal and each had a chocolate doughnut and a mango smoothie!!!!!!

Guest Big H

Nee Jason.... te veel mense daar in Limpopo, Louis Trichard/Makhado wil my uithaal omdat ek hulle bestuur kritiseer!!!!!!!!!! Die lot verwar kritiek op die bestuur met kritiek op die race.... sheim!!!!!

Nee dit is darem te ver om te ry daarvoor. Ek gaan wel die 94.7 doen!!!

Hey BigH & M, congrats on your maiden voyage in Nigeria, albeit a wet one!!

Well done, its taken a long time !  You gotta get up early, we too are in the very wet season , but it rains in the afternoons with glorious mornings.   

Guest Big H

Cannot take photos when it is wet...... but I will do on our next ride.

good to hear big h, it's vrek koud in benoni and it might rain later, tv's on the blink so no giro. how were the two days of national celebration?  

Guest Big H

Apparently good. Us Saffas did nothing .... we had to stay in our hotel as they were "no movement" days.

Apparently good. Us Saffas did nothing .... we had to stay in our hotel as they were "no movement" days.

trust that doesn't include bowel movementsWink

....we were wet wet wet!!!!!.

So you sang the theme song to 4 Weddings and a funeral?