Bike build

lightcrazy

So after 8 months of research and patient buying I've collected all the parts for my new lightweight hardtail. But now I've got to get it build, as I'm not a techie myself.

Can anyone recommend a good, independent person living in Gauteng that would be able to build for me. I would prefer not to take to a bike shop as most of the components are non-standard (tune, extralite, nokon etc.) I also have my doubts as to whether a bike shop will do this as I have all the parts already and there is no margin in it for them.

For interest sake, when all is said and done, the bike should come in at 7.7kg

Against your intuitive stance: Take it to a shop - that way you can scream at someone when it gets stuffed up.

7.7?! *Gawk*

So after 8 months of research and patient buying I've collected all the parts for my new lightweight hardtail. But now I've got to get it build' date=' as I'm not a techie myself.

Can anyone recommend a good, independent person living in Gauteng that would be able to build for me. I would prefer not to take to a bike shop as most of the components are non-standard (tune, extralite, nokon etc.) I also have my doubts as to whether a bike shop will do this as I have all the parts already and there is no margin in it for them.

For interest sake, when all is said and done, the bike should come in at 7.7kg
[/quote']

"lightweight hardtail"...??

As in, a mtb?

A mountain bike?

At 7.7kg?

Goooood grief!

You are hereby obligated to show us pics of the finished product.

As for now - you are obligated [by all sorts of laws] to give us a run-down of how on earth you expect to get to 7.7kg...

What are your components made of - candyfloss?? WinkBig%20smile

RodTi2007-06-04 06:13:26

I have probably one of the best guys in South Africa as a friend that will do this for you as well....................And the best of all is that he got certified training...........

No one else works on my bike not Snapshots...............

PM me then I'll hook you up

Stephen is also highly recommended........know him well :)

So I think you should be able to get your baby build by either one as they are all truely passionate about bike building

Sammajoor. You know more bikebuilders than you realise. There are one more you can recomend. PM me if want to know his name.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

In the end I've found a bike shop where they're still passionate about these kind of things. I'll report back once it's done and show pics.

Have to agree with your choice of builder lightcrazy. Was in there this afternoon and the enthusiasm about your bike was certainly evident. You wont be sorry with your choice.

That is going to be one seriously bling mtb when built.

I think so too. These guys are even more excited than I am!

First time I've found a bike shop in Jhb that I'm comfortable with. Originally from the Cape and have been struggling with finding that 'personal touch'. With these guys you'll definitely get it.