What you think of the TREK 5000

quinton

Any folks own one of these or possibly owned one in the past??

Whats your thoughts??

Cyclelab has a sale on bikes at the moment and the TREK 5000 for R15k

http://www2.trekbikes.com/bikes/bike.php?bikeid=1461000&f=2

Frame

TCT Carbon

Fork

Bontrager Approved, carbon

Wheels

Bontrager Select

Crank

Bontrager Race 53/39 or 52/39/30

Rear Derailleur

Shimano Ultegra

IMHO, I am sure you will find better at that price. I had a Trek 2300 with 105, was the best and smoothest shifting bike I owned. DA could not shift that smooth!!

IMHO' date=' I am sure you will find better at that price. I had a Trek 2300 with 105, was the best and smoothest shifting bike I owned. DA could not shift that smooth!![/quote']

Shaunh, did you "I am sure you will " or won't find a better at that price?

thanks

I am sure I've seen a few specials. I will check them out and post a reply.

Remember, all the 2008 bikes will be launched shortly, so they will be specials on the 2007 models.

I am aware of the new models coming soon but I am fine to ride the 2007 and capital on the discounts they offering now.

Check out the Raleigh RC7000C with full Ultegra and the Giant GT2 carbon, also with full Ultegra. Both frames are also Compact Frames compared to the Trek.

Then again, it is your personal choice!!! Good Luck & Enjoy!!!

The RC7000C has been one of my first choices for a while but never looked at the Giant GT2.

Thanks, will go shop around a little

It is nice bike.  Rode one for nearly 5 years!!  Broke 4 frames but still....nice bike!

Trek has a stunning warranty!!

The ride is smooth

Loved my old bike!!!!

BUT THEN I GOT A CANNONDALE and the whole perception of nice changed.....Big%20smile

Guest Michelle

Great buy for that price!!

I have the Madone 5.2 WSD, got it from Cyclelab too... they make sure everything fits & will swap out anything you don't like (I wouldn't recommend the Bontrager saddles) Wink 

Quinton What size do you ride ? Our team has some Treks which need to go. Can get you a very good deal!Wink

Guest Michelle
101%: I need a shorter Bontrager XXX Lite stem... about 90mm... does anyone have one they dont' want anymore Big%20smile Michelle2007-06-06 01:56:32

101%: I need a shorter Bontrager XXX Lite stem... about 90mm... does anyone have one they dont' want anymore Big%20smile

ConfusedConfused Sorry! I doubt it. But I can try organize one for you.

Guest Michelle

Thanks 101%.  Mine is 110mm or maybe 120mm not sure.  I've been meaning to put it on the notice board to see if anyone wants to swap...

I was told it was too long for me when I got it but it was the only XXX Lite one they had & I really liked it... Embarrassed