Another seatpost question???

Guest Big H

Guest Big H

We are going to travel with the tandem a lot. How do you mark the seatpost without resulting damage. I know you can score the pipe with a scribed mark on it, but wont this cause a weak place in the sadllepost???? I know you can tape it but heck that glue on the insulation tape make a heck of a mess. What compunds it further is that the stem of the stoker has to shift over the insulation tape peeling it off in the process. Any ideas??????

Oom H, op my swart Ritchey post gebruik ek 'n Tipex pen. Maak net 'n kort strepie voor. So kan ek ook sien of die post skuif terwyl ek ry.

Oom - I use a permanent marker pen and draw a thin line all the way around the seat post where the seat tube meets the post. Variety of colours available to use and you can even check it out while riding when you get that "my seat post sinking feeling"

Guest Big H

Oukei.... waar in Lagos is daar 'n CNA tak?????????

Guest Big H

Lees my post kerels..... as ekke M se handlebar stem moet afhaal grind dit alles af. Ek vermoed die permanent Marker is al wat sal werk. Sal dit in daai mooi blou kleur kry wat julle anner so nagmerries gee!!!!!!!!

TRY USING TACX CARBON PASTE WHICH WORKS WONDERS ON CARBON SEAT POSTS AND STEMS.ONCE APPLIED YOU USE MUCH LESS TORQUE TO TIGHTEN THE STEM OR SEAT POST AND IT ALLOWS FOR EASIER DISASEMBLY.

TRY USING TACX CARBON PASTE WHICH WORKS WONDERS ON CARBON SEAT POSTS AND STEMS.ONCE APPLIED YOU USE MUCH LESS TORQUE TO TIGHTEN THE STEM OR SEAT POST AND IT ALLOWS FOR EASIER DISASEMBLY.

Ja, so i've read. Except everytime i ask for carbon paste at a bike shop i get a blank, confused stare.

Last guy i asked looked at me as if i was a total idiot and told my to cut up a coke can and wrap it around my post if it was slipping.

Ja' date=' so i've read. Except everytime i ask for carbon paste at a bike shop i get a blank, confused stare.

Last guy i asked looked at me as if i was a total idiot and told my to cut up a coke can and wrap it around my post if it was slipping.
[/quote']

Was that before or after he told you drink the coke with brandy make it a double please.

Seriously where can one get carbon paste?????

IF THAT IS THE RESPONSE U GET ADVISE ME IN WHICH AREA U LIVE IN AND I WILL ADVISE U WHERE TO GO.

SM

Oom H, ek het nou onthou iets wat ek jare terug gedoen nie. "Score" die regte posisie liggies met 'n mes of sagie, nie te diep nie. Vat dan 'n permanet marker, of tipex pen as die post swart is, en gaan oor die sore merkie. As die buitenste merk afgewear is sal daar nog kleur binne in die score merkie wees.