Assh*l* Cycling Ambassadors

Christopher Brunsdon

Yes, I'm referring to all you lot that where out cycling on the coastal road between Strand and Bettys Bay today.

Thank you so much for not wearing you f&*%ing helmets. For hogging the lanes. For skipping robots. For being plain prics.

And not all of you had the desceny to stick to road bikes, some of you had to be even bigger ass wipes and do it on MTBs !!!!

I thank you all for the prime example you set for my kids today.

Even though its a public holiday it was still no excuse.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think they are locals. The couple of times I cycled there (before the Silly Season proper), everybody I met wore helmets and behaved well. As soon as the "visitors" started arriving, I did notice a few cycling without any "protection" and hogging the road

Yes' date=' I'm referring to all you lot that where out cycling on the coastal road between Strand and Bettys Bay today.

Thank you so much for not wearing you f&*%ing helmets. For hogging the lanes. For skipping robots. For being plain prics.

And not all of you had the desceny to stick to road bikes, some of you had to be even bigger ass wipes and do it on MTBs !!!!

[/quote']

LOL!  cbrunsdon were you drunk when you wrote this or did your tongue get stuck in your cheek?

Why are you upset about the guys on mtb's?  Not all mtb'rs who misbehave are closet roadies;-)  Some people ride mtb's because they can't afford the road bikes or the accompanying style requirements.  Pity them

Prics (sic) come in all shapes and sizes, so I guess you were lucky to only see the plain ones.  What do you call a pric without a helmet? Biting my lip....

Anyway, don't worry about what example they set your kids, rather worry about what example YOU set your kids when you sat there screaming abuse at the poor cyclists trying to enjoy the abundant sunshine and Christmas spirit.

Also, how do people skip robots on a road where there are no robots?  Mind you, those robots are pretty high, which could easily makea pric loose it's helmet.  Anyway, it's late and I'm rambling incoherently>  Seems like I have been drinking the same stuff as you!!!

No stop moaning and get back on your bike!  (Go do the Kogelberg mtb route:  no roadies, no robots, no helmetless prics and no chance of hogging the lanes.  Bound to help you unwind!)

Guest Frail4Life

Yes' date=' I'm referring to all you lot that where out cycling on the coastal road between Strand and Bettys Bay today.Thank you so much for not wearing you f&*%ing helmets. For hogging the lanes. For skipping robots. For being plain prics.And not all of you had the desceny to stick to road bikes, some of you had to be even bigger ass wipes and do it on MTBs !!!!I thank you all for the prime example you set for my kids today.Even though its a public holiday it was still no excuse.

[/quote']

I found four dudes this morning all on MTB.

The three dudes were on the pavement (one had a helmet) and the forth guy without helmet was in the road.

All riding against the traffic.

I did decide not to let them spoil my day. smiley3.gif

cb en wannabe...... moennie worry nie dieselfde pric-ce is hier in Gauteng ook. Dit het ook errenstig begin toe die vakansie begin het...... kannie ouens uit die Kaap Kolonie wees nie want hulle bly mos by die vakansie. Dit is sekerlik 'n klomp Vrystaters!!!!!!!!!!

The three dudes were on the pavement (one had a helmet) and the forth guy without helmet was in the road.

At least they could see their enemy coming - safest way to cycle on the roads in my often not so humble opinion. Riding on the pavements where permitting is a bonus, and we always give pedestrians right of way.?

At least they could see their enemy coming - safest way to cycle on the roads in my often not so humble opinion. Riding on the pavements where permitting is a bonus' date=' and we always give pedestrians right of way. 

[/quote']

I saw a report of cycling accident statistics a few months ago (it may have been on roadbikerider.com, I think) which listed the various accident scenarios. What stood out were (highest likelihood) being hit from front by vehicles turning across you in an intersection, followed by being hit from ahead while cycling on wrong side of road (it has something to do with the motorist not expecting to see you there and reacting incorrectly as a result).

Don't think they are locals. The couple of times I cycled there (before the Silly Season proper)' date=' everybody I met wore helmets and behaved well. As soon as the "visitors" started arriving, I did notice a few cycling without any "protection" and hogging the road[/quote']

Better watchit they're also going to steal the local girlfriends / boyfriends

Yes' date=' I'm referring to all you lot that where out cycling on the coastal road between Strand and Bettys Bay today.

[/quote']

LOL!  cbrunsdon were you drunk when you wrote this or did your tongue get stuck in your cheek?

Why are you upset about the guys on mtb's?  Not all mtb'rs who misbehave are closet roadies;-)  Some people ride mtb's because they can't afford the road bikes or the accompanying style requirements.  Pity them

Prics (sic) come in all shapes and sizes, so I guess you were lucky to only see the plain ones.  What do you call a pric without a helmet? Biting my lip....

Anyway, don't worry about what example they set your kids, rather worry about what example YOU set your kids when you sat there screaming abuse at the poor cyclists trying to enjoy the abundant sunshine and Christmas spirit.

Also, how do people skip robots on a road where there are no robots?  Mind you, those robots are pretty high, which could easily makea pric loose it's helmet.  Anyway, it's late and I'm rambling incoherently>  Seems like I have been drinking the same stuff as you!!!

No stop moaning and get back on your bike!  (Go do the Kogelberg mtb route:  no roadies, no robots, no helmetless prics and no chance of hogging the lanes.  Bound to help you unwind!)

If these were forgein visitors then they probably dont know what a robot is (it's a saffa thing), traffic lights yes those they would obey...Wink

I saw a report of cycling accident statistics a few months ago (it may have been on roadbikerider.com' date=' I think) which listed the various accident scenarios. What stood out were (highest likelihood) being hit from front by vehicles turning across you in an intersection, followed by being hit from ahead while cycling on wrong side of road (it has something to do with the motorist not expecting to see you there and reacting incorrectly as a result).

[/quote']

Def. plausible in a normal society - but here in sunny ZA the roads are madness, there is no cyclist awareness and one cannot assume any consideration from 90%+ of motorists so stay well out of their way, at least I do.

kosmonooit2009-12-27 05:37:56

Guess it must be all foreigners as I went for a nice ride in my neighborhood last night and the locals where all obeying the law: helmets; stopping at stop streets; correct side of the road; etc

I'm a safety nazi and these type of things just piss me off. Yeah sure, this is Africa but no excuse for non-commuters not to respect the law (and logic).

Even my 2yr old son puts on his helmet all by his own before we hit the streets for a quick spin.

wearing no helmets - agree that is crap

not stopping at robots - agree that is crap

riding MTB - WTH is your issue here?

Tjokkits2009-12-27 06:41:11

wearing no helmets - agree that is crap

not stopping at robots - agree that is crap

riding MTB - WTH is your issue here?

Tjokkits... I think his issue is that he does not expect that type of behavior from MTB'ers, they should know better..(BTW I am a roadie Wink)

As a motorist I obey traffic laws 100% (almost) but on pedal power I feel a bit more freedom to not stop dead at a stop street when all is clear, same with a traffic light (nothing clever about those robots), in a way much what I and almost every other pedestrian does. Certainly to cross a busy intersection I am thankful for traffic lights although those dont mean much to the taxis on Louis Botha road which I cross everyday.?

Helmuts and safety belts: yes they are a good idea for own own safety in case of impact, but nanny state, no thanks.

Cycling safety? re-education camps for most motor vehicle drivers I say.

cb en wannabe...... moennie worry nie dieselfde pric-ce is hier in Gauteng ook. Dit het ook errenstig begin toe die vakansie begin het...... kannie ouens uit die Kaap Kolonie wees nie want hulle bly mos by die vakansie. Dit is sekerlik 'n klomp Vrystaters!!!!!!!!!!

:-D LOL!