New 2010 Pinarello Dogma

BlueMax

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does R70k sound expensive for a Prince with super record' date=' bora ultras etc?

If not go and have a look at Westdene cycles!

[/quote']

Thats pretty cheap. That would have been 100K+ a year ago.

Well R150k is still cheaper than R1mil which was the cost of Tom Boonen's Specialized bike in 2008.

Pinarello/ Colnago/ DeRosa is like Rolex. We think Rolex is the ultimate expensive watch untill you own a black credit card and you realise Rolex is a "cheap" brand. Having said that....

I still love my Pinarello Steel Pista though

Well R150k is still cheaper than R1mil which was the cost of Tom Boonen's Specialized bike in 2008.

Pinarello/ Colnago/ DeRosa is like Rolex. We think Rolex is the ultimate expensive watch untill you own a black credit card and you realise Rolex is a "cheap" brand. Having said that....

I still love my Pinarello Steel Pista though

...and that was probably the best million Specialized ever spent!  Great return on onvestment.  How does that compare to (y)our return on invenstment for a 150k Pinarolex?

Does R70k sound expensive for a Prince with super record' date=' bora ultras etc?

If not go and have a look at Westdene cycles!

[/quote']

Thats pretty cheap. That would have been 100K+ a year ago.

Ahh, but that bike is second hand. It has hardly been ridden, but it's still not new!

Ok question from the Sky site, the right hand side of the anterior fork is thicker and more angled than the left, whats up with that? I understand why seat and chain stays can be different dimensions and thickness to offset drive stresses but not the front fork surely.

and now I know why the bike cost R160 k, because it does not have a front fork like most bikes but rather an anterior fork.

Looks like it will be cheaper if you buy the frame and then build up the bike yourself.

It was being advertised for R147k

not sure how they got to that?

Frame is R50k

Bora Wheels R30k

Super Record R25k

that leaves R42k for the stem, seat post, saddle, handlebar and pedals?

or did i miss something?

• 3 weeks later...

these bikes did the trick for Sky today!!

saw a gent sitting on a white one close to the finish @ Emperors this morning, obviously waiting for someone.

might have been in C/D bunch - lucky bugger.

Not sure I'll be prepared to spend that much - even if I did have it.OuchOuchOuch

The FP 6 will have to do for now - then again saw those red/white FP 7's that some of the Bruce Reyneke guys ride on - bloody hell, that is eye candy!!

Shame, poor Wiggins spent months eating lettuce and lentils to loose weight, and then Pinarello go and give him an overweight bike. No wonder he's not impressed.