Hunter The Man>>>

superman2007

Hunter to lead Barloworld at 2007 Tour
Posted on 05 June 2007 - 18:04

http://images.supersport.co.za/HunterRobert070116InactionGbg.jpgTeam Barloworld coach Claudio Corti confirmed on Tuesday that the team's top six riders would form part of the team for the 2007 Tour de France.

South African sprint sensation Robert Hunter will captain his team of riders including Colombians Felix Cardenas and Mauricio Soler, Geraint Thomas (Great Britain), Alexander Efimkin (Russia) and Fabrizio Guidi (Italy).

Corti and the team's directeur sportifs have provided a list of eight other riders from whom another three riders will be selected to make up the final field of nine riders.

All eight riders will have to prove their current form, and determination to race in the world's most prestigious race. They will be participating in races in Spain, Switzerland, Germany and South Africa during the next few weeks.

The additional eight riders are: Kanstantsin Siutsou (Belarus), Enrico Degano (Italy), Gianpaolo Cheula (Italy), Paolo Longo Borghini (Italy), Giosu? Bonomi (Italy), John-Lee Augustyn (South Africa), Hugo Sabido (Portugal) and Pedro Arreitunandia (Spain).

This total squad of 14 riders is in accordance with the ASO (Amaury Sport Organisation, and organiser of the Tour de France) requirements.

The 14 riders will be cut to 11 two weeks prior to the Tour de France. The final nine riders will be announced three days before the start of the race.

Go, John-Lee!!!!!!!!

2 SA riders!  PLEASE!

All I want to know is are they going to get SuperSixes for the Tour?!
Willehond2007-06-06 16:21:36

must be 2 saffas!!!!its an sa team!!!we need sum more representation in there

The main sponsor may be SA in origin but isn't it a British registered team?

Guest colonel

SA Sponsor, British registered and mainly an Italian team........

I know it's British registered, with lots of Italians and blah, blah, blah....

...but it's Robbie and John-Lee riding for Barloworld and they are all our's!!!! Don't care what you say!  In the end people watching the TdF will ask who is Barloworld (an SA company) that will give them and the SA riders exposure, which will excite and interest other potential SA sponsors and young kids to support cycling in SA.  This is HUGE.  I am stoked!!!Big%20smile

I thought that Ryan Cox would feature somewhere but apparantly i was wrong.

I thought that Ryan Cox would feature somewhere but apparantly i was wrong.

Poor CoxyDead

From ryancox.co.za :

...(30.05.07)

As for me I will not be going to the Tour, very disappointing on my side as I really would love to do the Tour, but with surgery needed there is no way I would even think about doing it.

...(22.05.07)

A very emotional day for me as I did the tests here in France. I have been diagnosed for a vascular lesion on my left leg...   

Willehond2007-06-07 14:41:08

hmm and Rob will be sprinting against Petracchi Big%20smile...should be interesting after their last "meeting" and R's comments about P not being worth the ?s he is paid.............no favours from Milram anyway