Are these worth it?

AuctionLamb

YO!!!

Need some help with this.....want to look at buying a new stem and crankset. Looked at the Zipp's and they look schweeeeet!!! I know they look awesome but the problem is are they worth it?Confused

First the crankset......are they any better than Dura Ace's/FSA crankset?

20070607_023113_Zipp_Crankset_1.jpg

Then the stem.....besides the best looking stem around same here....is it worth is or any cheaper versions that is just as good?

20070607_023340_ZIPP_Stem_1.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AL, if you got the money, GO FOR IT!!!!!

They cool looking so it is worth every cent in my book!!

I'll second Shaunh's motion to Buy buy buy!!! I would Love that Crankset!!! let me know how much you can get them for!!Tongue

Ouch, but look, you'll save at least 300g.....but at R5k it's a bit steepConfused but if you have the Bucks..Wink

Pros: good looking, very light, can go for a full zipp look: wheels, stem, bar, crank

Cons: very, very, expensive. crank still use ISIS tupe bb, I bet Zipp will soon upgrade the design. A carbon stem is expensive and offers very little performance advantage (but looks bling Thumbs%20Up) No Zipp seatpost to go with the rest.

Ouch' date=' but look, you'll save at least 300g.....but at R5k it's a bit steepConfused but if you have the Bucks..Wink[/quote']

Lose 3 kgs and save the bucksLOL

Ouch' date=' but look, you'll save at least 300g.....but at R5k it's a bit steepConfused but if you have the Bucks..Wink[/quote']

Lose 3 kgs and save the bucksLOL

Dr. Beverly Hills 90210.......think it is gonna cost more than 5K to suck that fat out!!LOLWink

Personally I think you must look at something else.  There are so many nice Cranks out on the market.  The ISIS type BB is old and not as stiff as the new outside bearing types. 

Rather get something else! Like a Powertap and a coach, cheaper and it will actually have some sort of benefit.

Ti, don't let Fatty hear you, he'll think you will be "throwing to much money at the *problem*"LOL But very wise words!

Rather get something else! Like a Powertap and a coach' date=' cheaper and it will actually have some sort of benefit.[/quote']

Very true....that is why I just wanna know if Zipp is WAAAYYYY overpriced ot is it actually worth it, by the look of things meaning price there is noooo way I am spending that on a crankset.Dead

The FSA crankset looks good so I might be looking at that.