iBike power meter

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know but a bike shop has asked me to be there independant tester. and before i go using it i just want to get some idea of what you guys think of it?  is the bunch riding thing such a big problem, etc.

No, its not. You cannot hide the hole time.

Its for free, go test the damm thing and come and tell us the secret tips of having it setup 100%

In My opinion, spend all the money youve got and get the proper thing...SRM... backup service great, product excellent and coaching from the supplier is also available with lots of quilifications and degrees behind her name!!

Ok, the ibike got 3 settings. 2 of that you only do once.

First do the "bike tilt" = thats to allign the fitting on the handlebar to read it as level as possible.

Than you do a "coast down" = that is to tell the meter how duk and heavy you and the stuff on your bike are.

(so if you loose weight, do a new coast down)

Thirdly: And this is before every ride = do a wind off-set. press a red button, get the reading, press the button again.

Thats it.popeye2007-06-08 05:52:02

sounds good. very keen to try it actually.  don't see why it wouldn't work. i also heard Polar has updated their power meter to wireless.  could take out some of the problems. 

Interesting. I like the ibike concept, I hope it matures further. Look how far polar came.

Regarding the wind offset, what happens when you turn into the wind? Can you re- calibrate without stopping?

well luckily thats why i'm doing the test on this thing to find out then report back to you guys too...  but still think HR is just as good as power when it comes to training