Best XC UST Tires?

CaptainDura

Im sure this question has been asked a thousand times before, but here it is again.

What is the best Cross-country mtb UST tire around.

I currently am riding the Maxxix Crossmark UST and have had 0 (yes zero) problems with them. No punctures, no burping, no nothing....

The problem with the crossmark is that they are not the lightest tire out there and are shaky in the very loose stuff (tend to loose the front) and the mud (but im sure that all tires are bad in the mud except maybe dedicated mud tires).

I have thought about the pythons but the reviews on the web suggests that the crossmarks have better cornering grip.

So what other tires are out there that has been tried and tested to be the best all-purpose mtb ust tire available that money can buy.

Hutchinson Python Light New Generation Tubeless light.

You get it in 3 versions:

XC UST Cross Country = and claimed weight is 625gr per tyre 26 X 2.10

There is no "best" only "prefered by most".

Then again, what's the conditions, wet or dry?

Ah, mampara has it! Condition specific as well as personal choice specific. Of the tyres that you mentioned I would not go anywhere near yet others swear by them.

I stay in Cape Town so the summer is normally dry and the winter is dry for ten minutes then wet for ten minutes then dry for 10 minutes then....and so it goes...

There is no "best" only "prefered by most".

Then again' date=' what's the conditions, wet or dry?

[/quote']

So for the Cape Town guys...what is the "preferred by most" UST XC tire ?