Forum Proposal - Virtual Clubhouses

bruce

Hey Crux,

Seeing all the hoo haa about whether TCS should be allowed 1, 2, 3 or more threads made me think.

Why not start a main forum called clubhouses, and sub-forums for some of the major clubs e.g. TCS, Club100, Cyclelab, etc.  Most clubs have a one-way comms mechanism such as an email distribution list etc, this way there can be two way comms.  People like Ali Mclean could post club specific info in these forums.

These clubhouses could be places to post upcoming training rides, meeting points for before and after races etc etc.  Also pics and results.

bruce2007-06-11 07:13:27

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a good idea. People interested in joining a club can research what the members chat about as well (I know TCS doesn't have normal club membership, was thinking about the other ones)

Good idea and a "ride anouncement" section. Where everyone can post where and when they ride. I know some do this in the "training" section but that section is to list "how" you train.

Each club could have a post pinned at the top that contains all the relevant contact details, ride times, meeting places, website URL's etc etc

Can I get my own clubhouse? Mud Dee's boom boom room..Big%20smile

I hear the boom, boom but I don't see the mouse rocking the house???!!!!Big%20smile

Bruce, baie skerp vir 'n maandag! wil self iewers join, sal nice wees om te sien wat's daarbuite en waar hulle is/wanner hulle rides het etc.

Yes a fine idea, BUT, ...........only if its open to ALL clubs, I dont think it can be selective.

You could charge a nominal fee to the club, but it must be an "open" invitation to all clubs.

Err yeah.....however, nevermind it being open to all clubs, business pays for advertising here so the same would have to apply to the clubs. Also not sure how many clubs would be privy to divulging info on an open forum.

Secondly why does the club just not get a website where their members could go, probably a lot cheaper than paying here,

Thirdly, if my club sends me an e-mail there is not only a one way communication - e-mail has a reply button and if you are in a club that you cannot reply to then best you find a new one.

Fourthly if my e-mail is not working a Phone is available and if you don't know who to speak to at your club or do not have their phone number then best you find a new one.

Otherwise nice idea - can we vote on it??