Another Cyclist Killed

Deon

I just heard on 702 that a 37 year old male cyclist was killed in Alberton this morning.  Does anyone know more details? 

This is not great news, especially since all the signs I have erected in this area.

Please can someone confirm details.

A motorcyclist died after he collided with a car in Brackenhurst, Johannesburg, on Tuesday, Ekurhuleni metro police said.
The 37-year-old man on the bike collided with the front of a silver Honda Jazz on Hennie Alberts Street around 7.20am, said Inspector Jimmy Maboko.
"He died after paramedics tried for nearly an hour to resuscitate him. The woman 1/8driver 3/8 fainted from shock."
The motorcyclist was driving down Hennie Alberts Street while the woman had apparently been trying to cross it.
Police had opened a case of culpable homicide.

shaunh, don't let it get you down. you're doing real good work, pal!!!

Thanks for that Holy Roller. It is sad though. My condolences to family and friends of this guy. May he RIP.

HR, I agree.  Shaun, as I've said on previous occasions, after your signs were put up I've found most drivers (bikes, cars, trucks and 4x4's) to be more "forgiving" on those roads.

Sad, but unfortunaely, most motorcyclists loose all judgment/brains when they climb on the bikes. And ya, the other day, I misjudged one's speed...but stopped in time in order to avoid him hitting me on the side. Must say, they are another problem on roads(AND NOT ALL OF THEM FOR THE MCs on thehub)

HR' date=' I agree.  Shaun, as I've said on previous occasions, after your signs were put up I've found most drivers (bikes, cars, trucks and 4x4's) to be more "forgiving" on those roads. [/quote']

Thanks for the feedback Ewep.

We still need to erect signs on the Boscoe Route, the Cheese Factory Route, the route to the Kareekloof and to the back of the Circus, so please support the fund raising efforts. The current prize is for MTB but if you enter to win I am sure you could sell the prize and upgrade your roadbike. I have secured other prizes for the upcoming months so please keep a look out.

R100 is not a lot a money in todays times, so I urge you all to support and stand a chance of winning great prizes.

Thanks to all those whom have entered thus far!

I mentioned these routes as Ewep mentioned them.

Signs will be going up all over South Africa. I am busy with the Pretoria routes at the moment, so please support!!

A motorcyclist died after he collided with a car in Brackenhurst' date=' Johannesburg, on Tuesday, Ekurhuleni metro police said.
The 37-year-old man on the bike collided with the front of a silver Honda Jazz on Hennie Alberts Street around 7.20am, said Inspector Jimmy Maboko.
"He died after paramedics tried for nearly an hour to resuscitate him. The woman 1/8driver 3/8 fainted from shock."
The motorcyclist was driving down Hennie Alberts Street while the woman had apparently been trying to cross it.

[/quote']

umm, why's this on a cycling forum?

A motorcyclist died after he collided with a car in Brackenhurst' date=' Johannesburg, on Tuesday, Ekurhuleni metro police said.

[/quote']

umm, why's this on a cycling forum?

to correct the info that 702 put out. as in it was a motorcyclist and not a cyclist.

Still a guy on two wheels.
........... but this isn't this a cycling specific site?