CODE RED - Cradle Area

mr ples

CODE RED MEDICAL: At approx 08h30 this morning a Cyclist (whom at this stage we will not name) had a heart attack whilst cycling. Emergency services are on the scene at this moment, trying desparately to revive the patient. The incident happened near the T-Junction of the N14 / Kromdraai road, Cradle of Humankind in Gauteng. The Cradle Community's thoughts are with you, and if we can be of any further assistance please advice. A Big 'Thank You' to those Community Members who responded to help. Will keep all informed. Regards Trevormr ples2010-01-16 09:20:19

It is with sadness that we have just learnt from the patient's brother-in-law, an accompanying cyclist on the scene, that George has just passed away. A Muldersdrift resident. Our condolences to his family and all who new him. From All the Residents of the Cradle Community, and the Cycling fraternity. Yours sincerely Trevor.

My condolences.

Even out of sad situations good can come.

May the passing of George help to serve as a building block to strengthen the fragile bond between cyclists and and the residents.

Thanx Trevor for letting us know!

RIP George

If it is George, then my father-in-law was cycling with him (George is his cousin). They were on MTB bikes.

George said he needed to stop and collapsed.

They tried to revive him without success.

Really sad news.

Never nice to hear, hopefully this incident will bring some sanity to the issues at the cradle, with people on boths sides of the fence realising what is really important in life.

Condolensces to the family

Guest Frail4Life

If it is George' date=' then my father-in-law was cycling with him (George is his cousin). They were on MTB bikes.George said he needed to stop and collapsed.They tried to revive him without success.Really sad news.

[/quote']

My condolences to the family, This is really bringing the community together at times like this.

May we all stand together and with faith give each other strength.

David

Really sorry to hear that, condolences to the family. At least he went off doing something he loved.

When I saw the heading of the thread I thought there was a ruck!

Sad news indeed, thanks for the efforts and for keeping us informed.

Condolences to the family.