Argus seeding is out! Really now.

FanieFiets

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you start the at the same time as last year but in a lower group does it mean your seeding is the same as last year?

If you start the at the same time as last year but in a lower group does it mean your seeding is the same as last year?

More-or-less. The real tell-tale is your start number which is like your seeding number.

So if you were in 2009 in group F and had a start number of +-4500; and this year, 2010, you are in E and your start number is +-4100 then your seeding has improved.

Same with our finishing time - we are too focused on the actual time (3h59 vs 4h01) but the finishing ranking (4755th / 28 000) is more telling than the time, as circumstances change each year (weather, rain, wind, route, Boys drive, etc).

One of the brilliant aspects of the Argus is that it is our national cycling benchmark. 30 000 ride it on the same day in similar circumstances. Makes comparing results quite easy.

i am really looking forward to the Argus!!

For my 21st Argus I will be starting in D!

must be weird - you have done more argus rides than some of the lighties that are alive and also competeting !!

oh yes starting in U 7:22. not to early start which is great, and plenty of time to enjoy those free massages !

Guest Agteros

I've not received mine yet smiley1.gif

but then, I've not entered either smiley4.gif

3rd Argus START GROUP is: R starting at 07:13..... Going to struggle this year though being a foreigner like Sammajoor and all... I haven't been on a bike in 5 months.  Cry Oiltrash2010-01-21 11:22:40

3rd Argus START GROUP is: R starting at 07:13..... Going to struggle this year though being a foreigner like Sammajoor and all... I haven't been on a bike in 5 months.  Cry

Maybe we should have a foreigners groupride........  a slow one..  I am planning to take the mik and druk..... planning to take a few photos...  where do the flashers normally pose and where are the free beer tables next to the route... I need to plan this Argus carefully.WinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWinkWink

Anybody planning to join me.....  someone who might be planning to do a second round...

I'm in L at 7:01
NO idea how I got that - I'm just going to take it and run (or cycle)

It's all that 5:30 in the morning training' date=' I'm 7:04, I'll try to catch you [/quote']

And you don't even wave...