pedals

hagar

I got given these pedals by a friend . Now me being a bit doff and as someone said IQ of some of the hubbers not to high probably same as the shoe size. but I would like to know what type of pedals are these MTB or road ?? Fanks all you clever peoples20070613_144617_13062007179.jpg

hagar, those are one sided SPD pedals.  You can use them on an mtb, but the double sided ones are best (and cheap!).  Pokerface has the ones you have on his road bike.

Double sided pedals clip in easily especially in the wet and mud.  The cleats on these are compatible, so if you want to use these cleats with the pedals you have here, you can always upgrade to double sided pedals later and keep the shoes and cleats!  The pedals are important, but the shoes are more important.  Remember you have to get off the bike and push at times!  Anyway, these pedals are way better than riding with floppy shoes and toe clips.

Do you have mtb shoes?  If not, my advice is to get ones with hard inflexible soles (not the tekkie type).  Not great for walking, but great to get the power through to the pedals.  Dan kan jy Saldanha plat ry!

Not sure if those cleats will fit on road shoes though.. [/quote

Most road shoes should have the slots to fit SPD type cleats.

Those pedals are handy for somebody who wants to use their mtb shoes for the road bike aswell. So two sets of pedals, but only one set of shoes.

(Also handy for the unfit riders who need to get off and walk while on their road bike - you dont mess up your shoes like you would a set of road shoes and regular road pedal cleats.

(Also handy for the unfit riders who need to get off and walk while on their road bike - you dont mess up your shoes like you would a set of road shoes and regular road pedal cleats.

Rather, so you can stop and have a coffee without messing up your shoes. Us roadies never get off and push!. When i first started cycling almost 20 years ago i used to train with this ex Rhodesian track champ. If i was suffering up the hills he would smack me with one of those old zefal pumps that we used to slot alongside our seat tubes. Whenever i get the urge to stop up a hill nowadays i get one of those flashbacks and try for one more pedal.

thanks Willehond good advice you given me . You see its my b day in a few weeks and mommy and wife dont know what to buy me so me thinks that seeing I have skeeped off my MTB i can get myself some MTB shoes (can you name a brand that they should ask for )then if they have any cash spare i could get some double sided pedals too !!!! and then put these pedals on my training roadbike . Ja Velo that must have brought back some memories !!! But thanks for the help guys I appreciate it

If I look at the logo on the cleats, they are Exus pedals. Normal Shimano SPD cleats look/are the same.

Cajees sold me this type of pedal and a mtb shoe for my road bike when I 1st showed up there looking gormless a couple of years ago & asked their advice (ahh those far off days of naiveity).

They're not great for road because the pressure is spread over a small area & feet can get sore & ankles unstable on a longer distance.

Having said that, walking about in them is a + and they fit Virgin Active spinning bikes.

I am thinking of getting these shoes for my pedals any comments

price R700 any comments

20070614_034134_181206_1001am_s.jpg

EXUSTAR SM 321

Description:

MTB

Specifications:
Upper PU-coated leather, breathable mesh, molded heel cup.
Fastener Forged Microlock buckle, Paiho Velcro straps.
Sole Nylon-fibreglass with TPU tread (Patented)
Insole Washable, anti-odor Poliyou.
Compatibility SPD
Sizes 37?48
Weight 820 g/pr