08 XTR rear derailleur...

AndreZA

Can anyone say SRAM?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tech/news/06-15/Shimano_XTR_Shadow_RD.jpg

Just as expected, the new Shadow rear derailleur option seen on the new Shimano Deore XT group will also grace the company's top-of-the-line XTR group as well. The same configuration benefits will apply, including an 11-13mm narrower profile for better protection in rocky environments, a more direct cable pull, and a higher tension main body spring for a firmer feel at the lever and snappier shift for users that so desire it.

XTR's version will be a considerably higher end item than Deore XT's, though, and will actually be the lightest derailleur in the line. The RD-M972SGS/M972GS derailleur (indicating both mid- and long cage models) will weigh just 180g/182g (respectively) and will include a first-for-Shimano full carbon fiber cage assembly which helps shed 22g from the standard slant parallelogram versions.

Retail pricing has not been announced yet, but the new rear derailleurs are scheduled to be available in September.

This is technology for technology's sake. Why do you want to save 22g? Rediculous.

It loos nice though.

22g is almost nothing. If you put on different socks you can save more.

Great! Then I'd have saved 50g Wink

If you save 22g on every component on your bike it would be considerably lighter...... LOL

And a lot less well off in cash flow.....Confused

If you save 22g on every component on your bike it would be considerably lighter...... LOL

And a lot less well off in cash flow.....Confused

Exactly! A lighter wallet too!!

I just know I'm going to build up my Censored new road bike only to have Censored Shimano release the Censored new Dura Ace group-set with loads of Censored swanky carbon bits like Censored rear derailleur and Censoredchain-rings ala Censored XTR