Attack in Majik

Rapunzel

My husband spotted an ambulance and police car at the bottom of Majik forest late yesterday afternoon. Details are sketchy but it appears that a woman mountain biker was attacked and her bike stolen. I'm sure there are plenty of you who cycle there and if anybody has any information that may assist in apprehending the culprit we'd be hugely grateful.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is unreal

I love riding there and makes me scary to know the crooks are tackling us now where it use to be very safe

when i arrived at majik forrest yesterday the police just arived, dont know how true this is but apparently he hit her of her bike with a pipe and the took of, must have happened just after 16:00

raptor2010-01-29 05:40:25

Heard about it as well.the lady was taken to Durbanville Medi Klinic not sure as to what injuries.Bike was stolen blue and silver trek.Hope my fellow cyclist is ok and may the f######## who attacked her and stole the bike die a slow and unpleasant death.

Really hope she's ok. Not good to hear this happening in WC. I don't think twice about riding alone in Cape Town.

There were SAPS cars last week as well looking for two okes aparantly involved with a breakin in the area.May all criminals rot in hell.

I'll definitely be taking my mace with me next time because I ride there alone often (spray first, ask questions later smiley15.gif ). I have no intention of stopping riding there - fewer mountainbikers won't help to make it any safer.

I am trying to find out exactly where it happened.Any ideas because in the st I saw this week plenty of new stuff eg broken branches,leftover of fire,foodcans etc.If I see anything suspiscious I will try to run them down with my mongoose and not use the bigger new rotors.This just p@@@@@@@@@@@S me off.

This is real k**** we try to ride there every second or third week after work....and now we have to start brining guns or what?? why cant ppl just leave us alone to suffer on our own...now they wanna take our bikes also....dont they know that its hard work??

IDIOTS...grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also like to ride there when I go to CT - such a nice place to do that. What's with these idiots??? Hope he gets caught and sorted out properly....

Sorry for the lady - hope it doesn't scare her away.

seems like northerns issues are being blown our way, I think this is up to us to shows these di&*heads we will not be scared off.

This stuff makes me so so angry. Violating every single bit of what we are entitled to...

At the longstreet baths in town (where I swim with the  ATC squad)  I was followed right into the place by a guy hassling me of the street, I paied to get in and then he wanted my change, so the Stupid guy in the pay box (from the baths) doesnt stop the dodgey dude behind me from comming in though He clearly didnt pay the oke came right into the locker room where I was now allone, He then got angry and demanded his money, I just said "Im not giving it to you, I will give it to people that I know is suffering".

I swear Angels must have been around me cause he just turned around and walked out. I was really scared. And thought of headbutting the oke but thats starting something and If I didnt knock him out he might have pulled out a knife.