Cycling Accidents

moonlight

Hi, this is a letter that I received on e-mail.  Please see if you can help by sending information about accidents.

"We would like to ask for information on accidents and incidents in the South of Jhb. We have the news editor of the Alberton Record available to do some editorial on the safety of cyclists in the region. We are also preparing for a meeting with Metro with the main agenda item:  Safety of cyclists!

I have received reports of a cyclist killed last week in Alberton, if you have any information on this accident please let me have it, we would like to follow up on the case. 

Re: Lido - Klip River route. SAPS Kliprivier have asked me to inform all clubs who cycle this route that there has been a spate of muggings along this route and that cyclists are being robbed of cell phones, cash and other valuables but not their bikes.

As secretary of Flatdogs MTB Club and Chairman of the Kliprivier Community Police Forum I would request that any cyclists who have had, or have any such experience in the future, along this route to please contact me via e-mail with full details of the incident, including the case number, so that I can monitor the management of these incidents.

Mark Winterbottom / 082 781 8556

moonlight, not to take away from the danger to cyclists, but there was a thread last week. looks like the cyclist you're referring to turned out to be motorcyclist, but hendrik's right: you have to talk to shaunh.