Dented frame

_Daemon_

Managed to dent my frame on the downhill race this past sunday.

Anyone know best place to get it fixed, improved, tlc'ed? ;) etc.

I am thinking of cycleart. Anyone tried chips away or a place like that before?

http://photos-502.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v75/55/99/520171502/n520171502_133104_3994.jpg

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://photos-502.ll.facebook.com/photos-ll-sf2p/v75/55/99/520171502/n520171502_133103_3627.jpg

Not cool..

Insurance?  Big%20smile

yes..sure....but, not sure if a frame replacement is really needed...

sh*t' date=' and it's still so new, what happend??[/quote']

Came off in a corner, due to a stans blow out...Ouch was probably doing around 50km/h or so.

That dent is in an area that is higly stressed, where forces generated by the seatpost is transmitted. Rather have it checked for safety and integrity. Nobody will be able to fix the dents. They will only fill them with a body filler. The weaksness induced to the tube by the dent will still be there. My humble opinion is that your frame is shot. The minute folds on the edges shows it is a deep dent and this will affect the structural integrity.

will get it checked out for sure. That said most people at the race said it looks fine should not be a problem...but will get it check out for sure.

Man that sucks. Hurt mine badly this weekend as well, but at least it's only surface/paint damage.

How did the blow out happen? Did the tyre Burp? or did the tyre get a massive hole that could nto seal?? what tyres were you using?? and how's the rims??

How did the blow out happen? Did the tyre Burp? or did the tyre get a massive hole that could nto seal?? what tyres were you using?? and how's the rims??

High sidewall cut close to the rim...

Mmmmm Frame shot !!! I really don't think so . The stresses generated by the seat post should be absorbed by the cross tube . I had a very close look at the dent and in my opinion it is purely a cosmetic thing . A few of the DH blokes (they bend lots of frame) also had a close look and agreed that it just looks bad but should not have any significant impact on the strenght of the frame . As for getting it repaired , well it's not gonna be easy . I did offer to fill it with lead but he would not hear if it !

aaa I see, nothing can seal that, ai ai. I see you use the CrossMarks, I've not had Sidewall trouble with mine when I was using them, must've been just bad luck.

That Pansie BottleGage you've got on the bike, I got them on my Road Biks, can they really keep a bottle going down a rough downhill or do it jump out?Ouch

WE don't use bottles on a DH race smiley4.gif . daemon knew I was behind him and went into the corner at 50kph while also trying to reduce speed !!! I think he would have blown a decent DH tyre with that stunt !!!

And I have also already spoken to hm about that woozie bottle cage !!