I haven't touched..

..my bike in almost three weeks, apart from one ride with 'niterider' that ended up being a 48km coffee shop ride, and I'm still not back in to that "want to ride" feeling..Confused

Guess I needed more rest than I thought...Embarrassed

Anyone else ever had this?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do not worry fatty it will eventually go away. That is the bike and everything cycling related.

..my bike in almost three weeks' date=' apart from one ride with 'niterider' that ended up being a 48km coffee shop ride, and I'm still not back in to that "want to ride" feeling..Confused

[/quote']

Bloody hell Fatty - start thinking about Spring league and Hells...sure to get you out training.

I'm gona come back to race with you youngsters again..

Do you do any other exercise? Try mixing it up. I'm hitting the gym 3x a week and running as often as my ITB pains allow me to. When I get back on the bike, I enjoy it so much more now...

often get that feeling where i just can't face the bike, but it usually only takes about two or three kays of a ride to get over it. hardest part is getting past the front door, though

Bloody hell Fatty - start thinking about Spring league and Hells...sure to get you out training.

Hi BikeMax

I had a look at my training logs from last year, and exactly this time last year I was down with bad flu for three weeks, and then started commuting in mid July 2006 (still almost a month away), which obviously did my season a load of good, since I had my best season ever (see why training logs are a good thing!!)

Hence I'm not to concerned with the training...once I get in to it again, I should be fine come the first league race. I was just wondering if anyone else also felt this way for extended periods of time?

i've had periods - usually a week or so - when i don't want to ride, but then i get really down about not riding and not wanting to ride. i guess just as long as you at least keep your mind occupied, a bit of time away from the bike makes the comeback all that much sweeter. you know, absence and fonder hearts and all that.  

holy roller2007-06-19 01:16:07

I don't really get that feeling. I do get VERY grumpy if I can't ride - like when it rains for days at end.

Join the club...I didnt do a decent training ride since december. Did a 3 hour ride(wich were supposed to be 1.5hours) on Saturday. I just cant find the commitment(read time) to get on the bike. 

Same problem. Besides a few MTB "excursions" where I spent considerable time lying face up amongst the pine trees or fynbos, I haven't been on a long ride (3hrs+) since April. Might have to change my nick to "fatcyclist2" if I don't get out of this funk soon!!!Big%20smile

fatty, yep i've had that feeling. it has passed now (took a while) and now i'm back to square one fitnesswise Cry

..my bike in almost three weeks' date=' apart from one ride with 'niterider' that ended up being a 48km coffee shop ride, and I'm still not back in to that "want to ride" feeling..Confused

[/quote']

Currently going through this!

HugTitusTi

Good to know even Giro and 24hr super-beings like TitusTi goes through this...curse NewPort Cafe's good coffee...it's one reason to ride.

Fatty, at least it is happening to you in winter. Take off about a month and then see. Or like mentioned, go do some gym etc and just forget about the bike for a little while.

I'm guessing you probably need a break though. Once you are rested you'll be back to speed quickly, so don't stress about it.

I find the more you worry about it, the more mental it becomes and the less likely you'll want to get back on the bike. When you start again, go for some really fun rides, don't stress about training, just have fun and you'll be back...

I trained hard (well I thought so anyway) last year and raced a lot.

Got bored to death.!

This year I have been doing a ride or a race only when I feel like it - I look out the window and if its cold, hot,rainy or windy, I go right back to bed or do something else.

I have enjoyed weekends away hiking, I"ve played more golf than ever before, I"ve gone scuba diving, I"ve spent enjoyable morning with my wife at the local coffee shop over breakfast, I"ve gone to early morning movies and occassionally Ive just vegged out all day.

I really have little interest right now.  

Gonna keep me company again?LOLWink