Caffeine alternative

Evan Andreou

Not entirely cycling related

Pull a pretty much all nighter trying to sort out a spot of poo at work.

Had just over an hour of sleep and need to put in some big hours today.

Had three espressos and three Play drinks, still feels like I've got a wet blanket on my head.

Any other (legal) ideas?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

power nap.  just half hour. you will feel like death initially when you wake up but after a few minutes.. right as rain.    (I just hope that with all the cafeine you will  be able to sleep at all) -

As someone that has done plenty of all-nighters at the grindstone, I can recommend eating foods that have a low GI to keep your sugar levels constant. There's a list of options here: http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/diet/gi_diet/glycaemic_index_tables.htm

Try not to sleep at all during the day today. Get up and walk around when you feel really sleepy. That way you'll have a better sleep tonight. Have a good dinner too.

And if you're really struggling, Cadence Nutrition does a product called Espresso Caps which are capsules that contain 200mg of caffeine each (that's about 5 espresso's worth of caffeine per capsule).

Failing all that, there's the matchsticks/eyelids approach, which of course is very natural...

Well the best alternative is to prevent this sort of poo.Evil%20Smile

Or once it is sorted take a day off and sleep for 12 hours.

What sort of work you do Wolverine?

On a serious note, try not to keep this up for too long. I done the same a while ago managed to keep going 20+ hours a day for a week and then on my way home fell asleep and wrote of my car.

So be carefull when you go home this afternoon.

Bioplus... Big%20smileprevented me from sleeping at all for a nightAngry

Hope your not talking about the energy drink or those Super-C type sweets. I finished 2 bottles and a roll of those sweets to try and wake up and nothing. Even Red bull could not give me wiiings. It's a pitty that you struggle to find it but I had a Snapple Ginseng tea once and I bounced off the walls for about 5 hours. It really was a terrible experience.

Well the best alternative is to prevent this sort of poo.Evil%20Smile

Wise words Ian

(Un)fortunately I am in as a kind of fixer upper on this case, make a big, quick impact and then try an put a viable, sustainable system in place to avoid repetition

Bioplus... Big%20smileprevented me from sleeping at all for a nightAngry

Hope your not talking about the energy drink or those Super-C type sweets. I finished 2 bottles and a roll of those sweets to try and wake up and nothing. Even Red bull could not give me wiiings. It's a pitty that you struggle to find it but I had a Snapple Ginseng tea once and I bounced off the walls for about 5 hours. It really was a terrible experience.

I took the "energy booster", medicine bottle(2 shots), the morning. I went through the day, and thorught the night as well. The next evening I was wasted!Angry

Any other (legal) ideas?

Jaggerbombs.. I drink a few of those and I can stay up all night...

Jagerbombs??? where where... i am SO coming to visit!! LOL