MTN Team member in serious car crash

Cruzer

Don't even know this guy, but feel like crying.  Sad news indeed.  The fact that he's strong is probably what's keeping him going.  May that continue to get him through this.  Prayers for him ,his family and friends.

The power of the HUB.

Just got a call from Kenneth Ketterer in Australia to ask if I got any more details. He and Brad were fierce competitors as U16 and Junior riders. He sends his best wishes to Brad.

Dear Eugene, Helen and Gaz,

Brad is in our prayers and we are thinking of all of you.

He is such a special young man . May he have a speedy recovery

With lots of love from Blacklers KZN

Most of the speculation about Brad's condition has been untrue. Here is the official statement from MTN Cycling:

05 February 2010

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

MTN Energade cyclist recovering in hospital

MTN Energade Cycling team rider, Bradley Potgieter, was involved in an accident this morning.

Potgieter has been admitted to a private clinic in the northern suburbs of Johannesburg. He has been sedated and is recovering in ICU having been diagnosed with nothing more serious than two minor bone fractures and some bruising to his head as a result of the impact.

?Bradley is currently in a stable condition at the ICU. He has sustained uncomplicated ?crack? fractures to his right distal radius (forearm) and left medial maleolus (ankle). He has minor facial lacerations and areas of diffuse minor intra-axial (brain) bleeding, which do not require neurosurgical intervention. He is conscious, communicating and his doctors are satisfied with his current condition,? says Dr Carol Austin, trainer of the MTN Energade cycling team.

Neurosurgeons at the private clinic are not concerned about Potgieter?s condition and are confident that he is in no danger from his injuries. They will, however, continue to monitor his progress.

?Bradley simply needs some time to recover from this early morning scare and will be back to full fitness in the not too distant future,? says Ian Wilson, MTN Energade Cycling road team manager.

ENDS

MEDIA CONTACTS:

Miranda Lusiba: Tel: 083 212 8624/ E-mail: lusiba_m@mtn.co.za

OR

Iwan Pienaar: Tel: 083 974 6287 / E-mail: iwan@bairds.co.za

ABOUT THE MTN GROUP

Launched in 1994, the MTN Group is a multinational telecommunications group, operating in 21 countries in Africa, Asia and the Middle East. The MTN Group is listed on the JSE Securities Exchange in South Africa under the share code: "MTN". As at the end of 30 September 2009, MTN recorded 108 million subscribers across its operations in Afghanistan, Benin, Botswana, Cameroon, Cote d?Ivoire, Cyprus, Ghana, Guinea Bissau, Guinea Republic, Iran, Liberia, Nigeria, Republic of Congo (Congo Brazzaville), Rwanda, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Uganda, Yemen and Zambia. The MTN Group is a global sponsor of the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa? and has exclusive mobile content rights for Africa and the Middle East. Visit www.mtn.com and www.mtnfootball.com.

Roadster2582010-02-05 12:28:06

So it seems not nearly as serious as the OP claimed. Its a good thing to get facts straight before you scare the crap out of a lot of people. Hope you recover quickly Brad!