Hillcrest & Contermanskloof linkup

dirtman

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of you who are going to join the ride on Saturday - please bring the correct amount for the permit(s) with you (R25 Hillcrest and R50 if you are going to ride both Hillcrest and Contermans - Tygerberg members ride for free on Hillcrest and only need to pay R25 for Contermans).  We won't have change and any bigger amounts will be regarded as a donation to trail maintenance.

Hope to see you tomorrow morning.   

so pee'd off that i wont be able to make it in the morrow.

if someone is prepared to go show me the total route on Sunday morning, i would be sooooo stoked!!!

That is ridiculously expensive, people will only go there if itis cheaper.

Drop the price please

That is ridiculously expensive' date=' people will only go there if itis cheaper.

Drop the price please[/quote']

That's really not expensive for what you get. And it is possible to get it a lot cheaper if you are prepared to commit.

Join the club and ride Hillcrest for free. Very shortly there will be another farm with 15km of extra trails (approx 8km single track)that you will also be able to ride for free as a club member.

That is ridiculously expensive' date=' people will only go there if itis cheaper.
Drop the price please[/quote']

I don't want to be rude, but you have no idea what you are talking about. To build one kilometre of ST cost us anything between R3000 to R4000.  If you are a member of Tygerberg MTB club, you ride for free on Hillcrest and will also ride for free on the new location that we will open at the end of May (you also just happen to be still able to ride in Majik Forest as a result of the efforts of Tygerberg MTb club, who also have to fund all the maintenance of Majik's trails).   Membership is R250 per year. That equals to the cost of 5 rides each on Hillcrest and the new location, which is absurdly cheap in my opinion.  

So, if you think it is ridiculously expensive to pay R50 for a 4 hour ride that is at least 50% single track, why don't you drive to Worcester tomorrow and do the Breederivier funride?  It is also a 4 hour ride, NO singletrack and it will only cost you about R100 entry fee, toll fees of about R50 and petrol of about R200 - so R350 to ride a few hours on farmroads.

And lastly, about 500 riders per month is riding Hillcrest - so they must get value for their money, whether they buy a day permit of R25 or a annual club membership for R250.

Those of you who are going to join the ride on Saturday - please bring the correct amount for the permit(s) with you (R25 Hillcrest and R50 if you are going to ride both Hillcrest and Contermans - Tygerberg members ride for free on Hillcrest and only need to pay R25 for Contermans).  We won't have change and any bigger amounts will be regarded as a donation to trail maintenance.

Hope to see you tomorrow morning.   

Wildcard? or is it not wild enough?

Did the ride this morning. I'M WASTEDEmbarrassedOuchEmbarrassedOuch, but what a wonderful ride. Some section a bit technical for me, especialy the singletrack section going down from the Mast. But as I'm not such an experienced Mountain bike rider, it will get better the more I ride there, WHICH I WILL.ClapThumbs%20Up.

Well done to Tygerberg club.

Thumbs%20Up Dirtman... your reply to dcalitz93 is brilliant, and well put. 

I've spoken to many riders, who all rave about Hillcrest and surrounds..... right on our doorstep too.  Once again, thank you so much.

Also did the ride this morning. Or shall I say most of it together with the tortoise group (we skipped out Contermans). Absolutely brilliant and well worth the R25. Will definitely be joining up. Thanks to Tygerberg Club and a special thanks to the Club Secretary for hosting us. Big things happening here ... and a lot of energy in the club.